Saturday, June 29, 2013

Week 26 Review: Princess in Training


From Goodreads:
Princess for president Student body president, that is -- nominated by her power-mad best friend, Lilly. This is not how Mia imagined kicking off her sophomore year, but as usual, she has bigger problems to worry about, like Geometry. And now that Mia's one true love, Michael, is uptown at college, what's the point of even getting up for school in the morning? But the last straw is what Lana whispers to her on the lunch line about what college boys expect of their girlfriends. . . . Really, it's almost more than a princess in training can bear.

My Review:
So this book was really great! I just really enjoyed rereading this series, and now I'm just over halfway, and I just can't wait to reread more! I just love reading Mia's diary entries, about her life, and everything that's going on, like worrying about Michael and thinking that he wants one thing from her!

Some things that I thought really funny, was that Mia got a B on a paper, because of pop culture references, when honestly, they're pop culture references for a reason, and that shouldn't be a reason they should be marked down in school!

So the whole Student body President is a pretty big deal. Lilly's the one that nominated her, because while Lilly's the one that wants it, she's high school student savvy, and knows that Mia is more popular, even if she's facing off against Lana.

Mia's speech that wins her the presidency, was really great! She used what Grandmere's been teaching her, and applied it here, so honestly, Lana only stood a quarter of a chance, what with her popularity, and unpopular campaign standing points!

This was such a great book, loved rereading it so much, and I can't wait for more!

Author: Meg Cabot
Series: The Princess Diaries #6
Read: June 24th, 2013
Source: Own
Reason Why: Rereading, and it's a Sequel Challenge 2013 Book!
Publisher: Harper Teen
Published: January 1st 2004
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!