Saturday, February 15, 2014

Week 7 Review: Raised by Wolves

From Goodreads:
Adopted by the Alpha of a werewolf pack after a rogue wolf brutally killed her parents right before her eyes, fifteen-year-old Bryn knows only pack life, and the rigid social hierarchy that controls it.  That doesn't mean that she's averse to breaking a rule or two.  

But when her curiosity gets the better of her and she discovers Chase, a new teen locked in a cage in her guardian's basement, and witnesses him turn into a wolf before her eyes, the horrific memories of her parents' murders return. Bryn becomes obsessed with getting her questions answered, and Chase is the only one who can provide the information she needs.

But in her drive to find the truth, will Bryn push too far beyond the constraints of the pack, forcing her to leave behind her friends, her family, and the identity that she's shaped?

My first review of Raised by Wolves
My Review:
Oh, man, this book was just as good, if not better, then the first time I read it, because I knew what was going to happen, and yeah, I just had to savour Byrn, and Chase, and all the other characters, knowing what pain that they're going to go through...yeah, there was that. But this is the start, and Byrn starts off so much more innocent and hopeful in this book then by Taken by Storm!!!

Loved meeting these characters again for the first time, and how they interacted with each other, like the conditions that Callum imposes for her to earn the right to meet with Chase, and then the rules with the meeting, and how she breaks them, and in the process makes a new pack with Chase, and that they're joined by Devon and Lake, yeah, that was a nice pack! And then it just grew!

Can't tell you how many times I wanted to just grab Bryn and hug her, because I know what's coming, and she deserves some hugs, and affection is conveyed through touch, so yeah, a hug would be just that perfect thing!

How it ended, with the Rabid killed, and Bryn the alpha of a pack that is most unique, well, yeah, that was just completed great, and set up excellently for the next 2 books, ones that I can't wait to reread, because man, this series, I just loves it!!!

Loved, loved, loved, and I want more!!!

Author: Jennifer Lynn Barnes
Series: Raised by Wolves #1
First Read: October 5th, 2012
Read: February 14th, 2014
Source: Own
Reason Why: Rereading! And it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2014 Book!
Publisher: EgmontUSA
Published: June 8th 2010
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!