Saturday, February 22, 2014

Week 8 Review: My Life With the Walter Boys

From Goodreads:
Sixteen-year old Jackie Howard knows nothing about her new guardian Katherine Walter when she moves from New York to Colorado. After discovering that Katherine has twelve boys, Jackie fears that living in the Walter house isn't going to be easy. It's just icing on the cake that the boys look like Abercrombie models...

My Review:
Oh, wow, this was such a fantastic book! Funny, light, with great characters, and a big complication-2 of those Walter boys are romantic interests. And while the Walter boys (and one tomboy) where hard to place at first, and then matching their interests to what they actually did, I figured out enough by the middle.

I loved all the characters, because they were real, and Jackie just had her whole family die, and since he was rich, well, it was on the news a lot, and since she didn't have any surviving relatives who could have her stay with them, she's sent to her mom's friend, Katherine Walter. Who has the 12 Walter boys!

This family was real, complicated, their traditions (like the party, the camping) and they are pretty crowded, even with the eldest brother moved out, and getting married. Speaking of, that was pretty awesome, when Jackie took charge of the wedding stuff when Katherine was panicking the day of. It was epic!

I think my most favourite scene, was either the take the clothing and see what she (Jackie) would do dare, or the first supper, where it was a series of accidents, that was pretty hilarious! Because yeah, that was what kind of book this was!

And the ending, with the mural? With Jackie part of the family? That was so sweet, and I just loved it to bits, and it just added the sweet note to her leaving for the summer to go back to New York, and leaving most of the Walter boys there.

I just loved this book, and I can't wait for the 2nd book to be edited and reposted fully on Wattpad!!

Author: Ali Novak
Series:  My Life With the Walter Boys #1
Read: February 21st, 2014
Source: NetGalley
Reason Why: Sounded good, and it's a DAC Book!
Publisher: Sourcebooks Fire
Expected Publication: March 1st 2014
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!