Saturday, October 25, 2014

Week 43 Review: Cooper

From Goodreads:
Do you take me seriously? Because I don't. I use my jokes and easygoing personality to hide the pain I've felt since he took his last breath. I'm adrift without my partner in crime, my best friend…my brother. I can taste the vengeance just within my grasp.

Until she barges into my life. Promising me happiness and a peace I've been craving for years. She is the sun to my darkness, the happy to my despair.

But she holds secrets. Just like I do. She holds hers close, where I just pray mine don't rock the walls we're trying to build.

Now I'm stuck at a crossroads between my desire for revenge and my craving for her and the life we could have together—and I have no idea which road I should travel.

All I know with crystal clear certainty is that the past has the power to destroy it all.

My Review:
I loved reading this book! Before I read Beck, and before we had a synopsis of this one, I thought that this was Coop's book, since we didn't know about Ash until Beck. And then Zack Coop, the younger brother, the one that we really knew, died. So this is Ash, the older brother, the virtual stranger's, story, and Chelcie's. So Zack shall be known as Coop, and the Cooper who the book is named after, will be known as Ash, to keep things simple!

Can I say, Chelcie is such a weird name! Why couldn't it be Chelsea, which in my head, sounds exactly like Chelcie. And then doesn't have the weird shortened name of Chelc, which sounds like "ch elle kulk" in my head, and just, yeah. To me, it doesn't look like a real name, and spell check agrees with me!

Oh, and other thing that bugged me, was this one line, "When my hands get to her stomach, the stomach that holds my family..." that just got to me. Because it sounds like he thinks that the baby is in her stomach, not in her uterus. If it said belly or tummy, then I wouldn't mind. But the stomach is what digests food. It does not a baby!

So the big threat in their lives, in Dominic, the guy who was running the operation that ended with him ordering Coop's death. And yeah, Ash and Chelcie deal with that, finding the right path to take, and actually having to deal with him, to take him down! That was great!

And yeah, I really enjoyed this book, it was really great to see more of this world, and meet up with some characters some more! So good!

Author: Harper Sloane
Series: Corps Security #4
Read: October 20th, 2014
Source: Tuebl
Reason Why: Love this series, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2014 Book!
Publisher: Harper Sloane
Published: June 19th 2014
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!