Saturday, April 25, 2015

Week 17 Review: The Replaced

From Goodreads:
Romantic and action-packed, The Replaced is the gripping second installment in the Taking trilogy.

Kyra hasn't been the same since she returned from her mysterious five-year disappearance. Now, on the run from the NSA, Kyra is forced to hide out with others who, like her, have been Returned. Yet she is determined to find Tyler, the boy she loves who was also abducted—all because of her. When her group intercepts a message that Tyler might still be alive but is in the hands of a shadowy government organization that experiments on the Returned, Kyra knows it's a risk to go after him. What if it's a trap? And worse, what if the returned Tyler isn't the same boy she lost? 

Perfect for fans of The Fifth Wave and the Body Finder series, The Replaced is both chilling and explosive, with creepy, otherworldly elements and twisty, psychological thrills that will have you questioning what exactly it means to be human. 

My Review:
I enjoyed this book a lot! It ha been a few months since I read The Taking, but man, this book was really great! And it picks up right away, which is good, because of the cliffhanger. But then this book ends with a similar cliffhanger! Gah, I want the 3rd book now!!!

One thing that I found a bit annoying this time around, wads Kyra's voice. She had a fair amount of times where it'd be a bunch of 3 descriptions, ranging from similar words, to a range, staged just-like-this, and I just found that annoying for some reason! And I don't know why it was annoying for me!

So they find Tyler, but yeah, it's not the best situation-his short term memory of just before he was taken is gone. He didn't remember her coming back, and all that happened in the last book. Which sucks. A lot, since there's also Simon starting to come into the picture!

We learn more about the Returned, which is pretty good, because yeah, it's kinda important, what with the deal that the government made with the aliens who are doing the experiments. And how that connected to Kyra's "nemesis." Oh, and how it connected to new character, Griffin, who wasn't who I thought she was, which is a good thing!

Yeah, this was a really great book, really great sequel, and I just would really love to have the 3rd book now!

Author: Kimberly Derting
Series: The Taking #2
Read: April 21st, 2015
Source: Edelweiss
Reason Why: I loved the fist book, I love her writing, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2015 Book and a WoW Book!
Publisher: Harper Teen
Expected Publication: April 28th 2015
4.5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!