Saturday, May 28, 2016

Week 22 Review: Take Back the Skies

From Goodreads:
Catherine Hunter is the daughter of a senior government official on the island of Anglya. She’s one of the privileged – she has luxurious clothes, plenty to eat, and is protected from the Collections which have ravaged families throughout the land. But Catherine longs to escape the confines of her life, before her dad can marry her off to a government brat and trap her forever.

So Catherine becomes Cat, pretends to be a kid escaping the Collections, and stows away on the skyship Stormdancer. As they leave Anglya behind and brave the storms that fill the skies around the islands of Tellus, Cat's world becomes more turbulent than she could ever have imagined, and dangerous secrets unravel her old life once and for all . . .

My Review:
Oh, wow! I don't know why it took me so freaking long to read this book! It was really fantastic and I just loved every page! Well, I did read the first chapter what felt like a million times, but other books kept pulling me away or my computer would restart and I'd forget to open the file again. But I've finally read it! Yeah!

This world was really intricate! The war, the politics, the social-economic groups, the technology, yeah, it all came together for a really fascinating reading experience! And that there's going to be 5 more books in connecting timelines and countries, yeah, I can't wait for that!

As this is Cat's only story, I found it really fitting that she was the one to save the day. She was the one to come up with the idea to rebel against the government, and given that she had the good timing to run away just before the bad guys done their plan, yeah, it was a good thing that she and her friends succeeded!

The ending was bittersweet. Cat is serving her country, like she always wanted to do. But there was a cost to her actions, and that cost is something she'll carry for the rest of her life. It was a really great place to leave her, though!

I just loved reading this book so much, it was so great, and I can't wait to read The Almost King!

Author: Lucy Saxon
Series: Take Back the Skies #1
Read: May 23rd, 2016
Source: NetGalley
Reason Why: Sounded good, and it's a DAC Book, Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2016 Book and a RR Book!
Publisher: Bloomsbury USA Children's
Published: June 3rd 2014
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!