Saturday, May 14, 2016

Week 20 Reviews: 300 Fox Way Holiday Piece, A Minor Raven Boys Holiday Drabble

From Goodreads:
A peek into the holiday festivities at 300 Fox Way.

From Goodreads:
In previous years, Scholastic asked me to do a short 300 Fox Way holiday piece. This year, I decided I'd do one for Gansey. Like the 300 Fox Way piece, it takes place the December before The Raven Boys begins.

My Review:
I just loved to read these stories! We got to see Blue, Gansey and the rest before the series started! And we got to see them around the December holidays, so yeah, that was really awesome! Loved reading them!

To be honest, it felt a bit weird reading these stories after The Raven King. I wish I'd heard of them before I had read The Raven King, then it would've felt more complete, you know? But better late then never, and I'm really glad that these exist!

Blue's story was pretty short, but I loved how they celebrated all the various holidays-I didn't recognize some of the traditions, but 300 Fox Way has always been a bit strange and a combination of many things!

Loved that story of carolers-or mummers, that were strange and were singing something that they called The Raven King. Yeah. I don't think they pop up again, don't know where they came from, but that's the strangeness that is this series!

So fantastic to read these stories, Maggie Stiefvater is such a great author, and I can't wait or more of her books!

Author: Maggie Stiefvater
Series: The Raven Boys #0.3, 0.4
Read: May 13th, 13th, 2016
Source: Free
Reason Why: Love this series and her books! And they're Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2016 Books!
Published: March 2nd 2015, December 23rd 2015

300 Fox Way Holiday Piece:
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars









A Minor Raven Boys Holiday Drabble:
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!