Saturday, May 28, 2016

Week 22 Review: Unwanted

From Goodreads:
The New York Times bestselling Elemental Assassin series continues with a new e-novella--from the point of view of Finnegan Lane, the foster brother of Gin Blanco, and a fan favorite of readers of the series.

The fallout from his disastrous "family reunion" in Bitter Bite has left Finn feeling hurt, angry, and depressed. He can barely stand to look at himself in the mirror, much less eat any of the delicious barbecue from Gin's famed Pork Pit restaurant.

But when the funeral for a slain security guard at his bank turns into a showdown with some nasty underworld giants, Finn knows that he must act in order to protect an innocent family.

Finnegan Lane might be the most unwanted man in Ashland these days, but he's determined to try to make amends for his past mistakes...

My Review:
I only started reading this series in the past year. But I devoured it once I started, and yeah, that was why I'm so lucky that I got to read this book early, and that I devoured this book, as well! It was just that great to read!

After Bitter Bite, Finn has some issues to deal with. Because having your mom betray you like that? So soon after you find out that she's even alive? Add in how vicious that betrayal was, the killed guards were harder for him then the torture she put him through.

Having this book, with Finn dealing with his guilt, was just fantastic! We as the readers don't want him in pain, and he was through this book. And being able to help a family harmed by the betrayal definitely was a good place for him to start healing!

Loved watching him in action against the bad guys-he isn't an assassin like Gin, but he is Fletcher's son! So that was really great! And of course, there was the mention of her other series in the form of pictures, which made everything feel complete, you know?

Such a great story, and I can't wait for Unraveled! Yeah that it comes out soon!

Author: Jennifer Estep
Series: Elemental Assassin #14.5
Read: May 26th, 2016
Source: NetGalley
Reason Why: Love this series, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2016 Book!
Publisher: Pocket Star
Expected Published: June 18th 2015
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!