Saturday, November 30, 2019

Week 48 Review: Eight Will Fall

From Goodreads:
Lovers of dark, high-octane adventure will be enthralled by Sarah Harian's Eight Will Fall, a genre-bending YA fantasy standalone, perfect for fans of Kendare Blake and Leigh Bardugo.

In a world where magic is illegal, eight criminals led by rebellious Larkin are sent on a mission to rid their realm of an ancient evil lurking beneath the surface. Descending into a world full of unspeakable horrors, Larkin and her crew must use their forbidden magic to survive.

As they fight in the shadows, Larkin finds a light in Amias, a fellow outlaw with a notorious past. Soon, Larkin and Amias realize that their destinies are intertwined. The eight of them were chosen for a reason.

But as the beasts grow in number and her band is picked off one by one, Larkin is forced to confront a terrible truth: They were never meant to return.

My Review:
Oh, wow, this book was utterly fantastic, and totally not what I was expecting! I was really eager to read this book, and just devoured it, it was so freaking amazing! I loved the history and learning more about it, as well as the magic, since the two were pretty intertwined!

The way that this magic worked, with able to use other people's emotions as fuel, basically, and all the different things that they could do, it was so interesting! I really enjoyed learning more about all of that, and how it connected to why these 8 people were specifically chosen...

Between all the creepiness with the various dead and dying bodies, there was plenty of atmosphere. And then there were the reveals. Wow, were there so many reveals! Since basically they knew nothing, they had a lot to learn! And there were some really epic twists!

Honestly, after reading this book, I wouldn't mind if we got a companion book, because I would love to spend more time in this universe. There was mention of a mainland, and it'd be interesting to visit and explore! I just want more!

Loved reading this book, and I can't wait to read more by Sarah Harian!

Author: Sarah Harian
Read: November 27h, 2019
Source: Ebook.bike
Reason Why: Sounded really great, and it's a SAC 2019 Book and a WoW Book!
Publisher: Henry Holt and Co. (BYR)
Published: November 26th 2019
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!