Saturday, March 2, 2024

Week 9 Review: Tears Waiting to Be Diamonds

From Goodreads:
Set in the world of In Other Lands, Tears Waiting to Be Diamonds is about the magical diplomatic crisis waiting to happen when an exiled dwarven prince runs into criminals, his part-human cousin, and a certain young man referred to by the western fortresses as the Redheaded Trouble...

Parts One and Two available to read for free online at The Sunday Morning Transport.

My Review:
This was such a great read! I love In Other Lands so much, it's beloved to me, and that we got this short story, and the possibility of more from this world, I'm so hyped, I want so much more! I just love it so much and this world soothes me. 

It was strange being in this world, but not being in Elliot's head. As well as that, being in the head of someone who is native to the Other Land, well, that was pretty interesting, and the set up with him being a prince, but his uncle killed his whole family and sent him to slavery...yeah, it was an intense set up! 

It was pretty interesting, since Mark is a full dwarf, and their culture is very much different from pretty much everybody else, there was a thing about beauty, and he thought someone that everybody else could consider very beautiful, was ugly. As a reader, I understood the cultural differences, but Mark didn't, though he was told of other's perception which might have opened his eyes.

We did get an update into Elliot's life, which it seems something went wrong, that he was a traitor, but instead of being executed, he was banished here (apparently the average citizen doesn't know that he and Luke were together) and their interactions in this story were bittersweet! I want them to be happy and together, and right now, it's unsettled! I need more! 

This was an amazing read, and I really hope that we get more! 

Author: Sarah Rees Brennan
Series: In Other Lands #1.5
Read: February 28th, 2024
Source: Online 
Reason Why: Love her writing and this world, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2024 Book! 
Publisher: The Sunday Morning Transport
Published: January 8th 2023
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!