Saturday, June 1, 2024

Week 22 Review: Dead Girls Talking

From Goodreads:
The town of Wolf Ridge calls him The Smiley Face Killer. Bettina Holland calls him her father.

Everyone knows Bettina's father was the one who murdered her mother a decade ago. It's the subject of podcasts, murder tours, and even a highly anticipated docuseries. But after growing up grappling with what that means, a string of copycat murders forces Bett to answer a harder question: What if he didn't?

Old-money Bett must team up with the only person willing to investigate alongside bookish goth girl Eugenia, the mortician's daughter, who everyone says puts the makeup on corpses. Can this "true crime princess" unmask a murderer who's much closer to home than she ever imagined?

Gritty, gripping, and propulsive from page one, Pretty Dead Girls is a ride for readers who love to see girls get their hands dirty as they claw their way to the truth. Peterson's knife-sharp thriller cuts deep, with a wicked sense of humor, a wire-taut atmosphere, and a deadly serious approach to bigger transparency, justice, and female anger.

My Review:
Man, this was such a fantastic read! To have a serial killer as a dad is pretty bad, but what he didn't do it! I loved watching Bettina and Eugenia look into the case, I loved following along side them as new information came to light!



Loved reading this book and I'd love to read more by Megan Cooley Peterson! 

Author: Megan Cooley Peterson
Read: May 30th, 2024  
Source: NetGalley
Reason Why: Sounded really good, and it's a SAC 2024 Book! 
Publisher: Holiday House
Expected Publication: June 11th 2024
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!