Saturday, February 11, 2012

Week 6 Review: Beastly

From Goodreads:
I am a beast. A beast. Not quite wolf or bear, gorilla or dog, but a horrible new creature who walks upright – a creature with fangs and claws and hair springing from every pore. I am a monster. 

You think I'm talking fairy tales? No way. The place is New York City. The time is now. It's no deformity, no disease. And I'll stay this way forever – ruined – unless I can break the spell. 

Yes, the spell, the one the witch in my English class cast on me. Why did she turn me into a beast who hides by day and prowls by night? I'll tell you. I'll tell you how I used to be Kyle Kingsbury, the guy you wished you were, with money, perfect looks, and a perfect life. And then, I'll tell you how I became perfectly beastly.

My Review:
I really enjoyed this book! I admit, that I saw the movie, and in my opinion, this was way better then the movie! This wasn't all over the place, it felt real, and yeah, it was just more entertaining for me! Though I'm biased because I love books more than I like movies!

Really enjoyed how the beauty and beast inspiration and twist came from, that Kyle was not a particularly a nice person, which is why he's cursed, and the curse teaches him how to be a better person, because now he knows better!

So as a funny little side note, my school did Beauty and the Beast for Performing Arts last year, I was part of the chorus, and yeah, while there weren't any angry villagers trying to storm the house in this book, yeah, there was some conflict!

Yeah, this was pretty great, and I think there's a Lindy's Diary thing, and then Kendra's getting a book, too! Which would be really great!

Author: Alex Flinn
Read: February 6th, 2012
Source: Library
Reason Why: Heard great things about it, and watched the movie and it was great!
Publisher: Harper Teen
Published: January 1st 2007
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!