Saturday, February 18, 2012

Week 7 Review: Jake Ransom and the Howling Sphinx

From Goodreads:
When Connecticut middle-schooler Jake and his older sister Kady are transported back to Pangaea, the strange world of lost civilizations, they must find the truth behind the mythic Fire Opal Eye in order to survive.

My Review:
I enjoyed this book so much! It has been a while since I read the first book, but oh, well, I just jumped right into this one, because I wanted to have more Jake and Kady adventures! They're just awesome, and yeah, I really love James Rollin's writing!

As always, this book had great bits of history, mystery, and yeah, seeing as it's a fantasy book, also pretty great locations, and yeah, I just loved having that in a younger setting, because it's similar, but it's different, too, and that just makes it all the more enjoyable!

Lots of things are learned in this book, like stuff about their parents, because they see their mom, and with all the weird time stuff, makes it a bit hard to pin point what time it was for her, compared to them, but yeah, that just is making me itchy for the next book!

I loved this book so much, it was just incredible, and I can't wait to read more!

Author: James Rollins
Series: Jake Ransom #2
Read: February 12th, 2012
Source: Library
Reason Why: Must read more of this series, and that it's a James Rollins book!
Publisher: Harper
Published: April 14th 2010
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!