Saturday, February 11, 2012

Week 6 Review: Ten Things We Did

From Goodreads:
2 girls + 3 guys + 1 house – parents = 10 things April and her friends did that they (definitely, maybe, probably) shouldn't have.

If given the opportunity, what sixteen-year-old wouldn't jump at the chance to move in with a friend and live parent-free? Although maybe "opportunity" isn't the right word, since April had to tell her dad a tiny little untruth to make it happen (see #1: "Lied to Our Parents"). But she and her housemate Vi are totally responsible and able to take care of themselves. How they ended up "Skipping School" (#3), "Throwing a Crazy Party" (#8), "Buying a Hot Tub" (#4), and, um, "Harboring a Fugitive" (#7) at all is kind of a mystery to them.

In this hilarious and bittersweet tale, Sarah Mlynowski mines the heart and mind of a girl on her own for the first time. To get through the year, April will have to juggle a love triangle, learn to do her own laundry, and accept that her carefully constructed world just might be falling apart . . . one thing-she-shouldn't-have-done at a time.

My Review:
This was such a hilarious book! I mean, the math in the synopsis? Guaranteed, even if it's things that they maybe shouldn't have, that there's going to be pranks and laughs, and just a lot of fun! Though there were a few consequences, and a few serious things in this book, too!

First off, if I was in April's situation, well, I would've made about half of the mistakes, I think. Because a) I've been living in a house that has a hot tub for 6 years, and not once have I used it, so I wouldn't be one to buy one. I'd more go for a swimming pool with a water slide! Yeah.

There are consequences, because one of the things she does, is have unprotected sex. Which is not so good, considering because of that, she gets chlamydia, and I think that's one of the ones that while is controllable by medications, doesn't go away for the rest of your life. Which just sucks!

Yeah, this was a pretty spectacular book, it was really enjoyable and fun!

Author: Sarah Mlynowski
Read: February 6th, 2012
Source: Library
Reason Why: It looks so good! Can't wait to read it!!
Publisher: Harper Teen
Published: June 7th 2011
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!