Saturday, December 7, 2013

Week 49 Review: Monsters

From Goodreads:
The Changed are on the move. The Spared are out of time. The End...is now.

When her parents died, Alex thought things couldn't get much worse-until the doctors found the monster in her head.

She headed into the wilderness as a good-bye, to leave everything behind. But then the end of the world happened, and Alex took the first step down a treacherous road of betrayal and terror and death.

Now, with no hope of rescue-on the brink of starvation in a winter that just won't quit-she discovers a new and horrifying truth.

The Change isn't over.
The Changed are still evolving.
And...they've had help.

With this final volume of The Ashes Trilogy, Ilsa J. Bick delivers a riveting, blockbuster finish, returning readers to a brutal, post-apocalyptic world where no one is safe and hope is in short supply.

A world where, from these ashes, the monsters may rise.

My Review:
This was a fantastic ending to the trilogy! Things were bad in Ashes, then they got worse in Shadows, and now they're just downright horrible now in Monsters! And yeah, it had been a while between reading this, and reading Shadows, that it was a bit hard to pick up, but between the almost constant mini cliffhangers, and the non-stop action, I picked things up pretty quickly!

It seems like Alex can't get back to her group! They got close, a few times before, but yeah, that was in Shadows. And this is a whole 'nother book! I mean, her and Tom were separated early on in Ashes, and haven't met back up since. Which kinda sucks, because I really enjoyed them! But this book ends that it a pretty decent spot!

Loved how the Changed, well, changed in this book! And yeah, it was pretty freaky! And to that, that they had help, and yeah, that's not what should happen, darn it! People should try and be good in the middle of the zombie apocalypse, or just do what's necessary for survival-and helping the Changed like that, is not survival! That's trying to wipe out the human race!

With all those twists and turns, I didn't notice the almost 700 pages going by, that's how much was going on, and how absorbed I was in this book, because honestly, it couldn't give me enough, I just had to had more. Until it wad done, and I was sad. But it was left open, so we could have a spin off, and that'd be great!

Monsters was a really fantastic book, and if you like zombie apocalypse novels, this is for you!

Author: Ilsa J. Bick
Series: Ashes Trilogy #3
Read: December 5th, 2013
Source: NetGalley
Reason Why: Because I've enjoyed the first 2 books, and it's a Sequel Challenge 2013 Book and a 2013 Dystopia Book!
Publisher: EgmontUSA
Published: September 10th 2013
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!