Saturday, December 14, 2013

Week 50 Review: Lightbringer

From Goodreads:
The Never is a place of greys, a world a breath beyond our own, layered just past the memories of yesterday and the fleeting present moment. It is here, in this dismal limbo, that ghosts such as Piotr, Lily, and Elle must sort out an existence, both protecting the children called Lost and themselves from the walking darkness that is the army of rotting Walkers. 

Caught between her duty to her calling as the Lightbringer and her concern for her new ghostly friends, Wendy must walk the line between the two worlds, aiding Piotr in his fight against the Walkers as well as searching out the wandering soul of the one who means the most to her. Time, however, is running out and in the end... who will she choose?

My Review:
This was such a unique book! I mean, it was a ghost story, sure, but the world was unique, and yeah, interesting, entertaining, and captivating! I took a while to read this (and Deception, too) and yeah, I wish I'd read both of them sooner!

I really enjoyed Wendy, and Piotr, they were interesting characters, with flaws, weaknesses, and strengths, and as we learned more about them, they learned more about themselves (in Piotr's case, literally, as he doesn't remember who he is!)

The Never world, was just detailed to the perfect amount, not too little, or too much, just right for the book, with hints that could be further explored in subsequent books, which yeah, connects the potential books in the series (I need to look those up!) and yeah, these details were for a purpose, loved that!

That ending? Kinda broke my heart, and yeah, I'm glad that this isn't a stand alone, because there's a few more issues to fix, and I can't wait to read that, because they deserve to be! Things shouldn't end just there, as they were, they need more!

Yeah, enjoyed this book a lot, and I'm going to have to check out the other books in the series!

Author: K.D. McEntire
Series: Lightbringer #1
Read: December 12th, 2013
Source: Bought
Reason Why: Sounded good
Publisher: Prometheus Books
Published: November 15th 2011
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
4/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!