Saturday, May 7, 2016

Week 19 Review: Divided

From Goodreads:
The hunter becomes the hunted. . . .

West Grayer is done killing. She defeated her Alternate, a twin raised by another family, and proved she's worthy of a future. She's ready to move on with her life.

The Board has other plans. They want her to kill one last time, and offer her a deal worth killing for. But when West recognizes her target as a ghost from her past, she realizes she's in over her head. The Board is lying, and West will have to uncover the truth of the past to secure her future.

How far will the Board go to keep their secrets safe? And how far will West go to save those she loves? With nonstop action and surprising twists, Elsie Chapman’s intoxicating sequel to Dualed reveals everything.

My Review:
I loved reading this book! I loved the first book, and I don't know why it took me so long to read this book, I guess because they'd been left in pretty good places, if not exactly the best. But then this book ended on almost the same note, but in a different way!

West has been dealing with PTSD in the aftermath of being a striker, and killing her Alt. The guilt of killing other people's Alt's for money, and that they might have been the best ones to survive, not the ones that hired her. That's the way the world is, but outside of it, for the reader, it's like, argh!

And then the Board wants to do three more. And of course things are more then they seem. And it relates back to the past. And to secrets that people have been hiding-like the city started out as a prison, and oh, they found the cure to the sterility over 50 years ago, but hid it!

It ended on a note where they could do something about what they learned-or not. And there could be a 3rd book in the series-I would love that-but it's unlikely with the time passing, that it's been 2 years since this book came out, and no news about a sequel. I'd still love one!

Loved this book, so fantastic to read, and I can't wait to read more by Elsie Chapman!

Author: Elsie Chapman
Series: Dualed #2
Read: May 2nd, 2016
Source: NetGalley/Bought
Reason Why: Loved Dualed, and it's a 2016 Dystopia Book, Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2016 Book, and WoW Book!
Publisher: Random House Books for Young Readers
Published: May 27th 2014
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!