Saturday, October 15, 2016

Week 42 Review: Be Good, Be Real, Be Crazy

From Goodreads:
Three teenagers. One road trip. Countless detours. From the author of Even in Paradise comes a story about love, friendship, and finding yourself that is perfect for fans of Paper Towns and Mosquitoland.

When Mia first waltzed into Homer's small corner of Florida, she changed Homer's entire world. It wasn't long before he was hopelessly in love. But now Mia is moving away—and Homer and his younger brother, Einstein, are helping her drive hundreds of miles to her new home.

This might be Homer's last chance to tell Mia how he really feels. And with so many detours in front of them, anything could happen. 

My Review:
Reading this book was just awesome! It was a lot of fun, and it was just so entertaining! I guess you could get that from the title, synopsis and the cover, but there was just this extra dash of something special that made it even better!

I loved the way that this story was told-there were parables littered throughout the story, and then regular chapters! The parables were told in a different way, and I really enjoyed the back and forth! Really liked it!

To have to drive an unrequited love far away-and having to leave her there, tough. To have to also bring your younger brother? A bit of a recipe for disaster! And since Mia was pregnant, and just who she was, there were a lot of interesting moments!

I'm slightly confused by the ending! Like, did the world end? Or was it just the start of the machine, and that went well? It was a bit vague, but I did enjoy it! Loved that there was some happy endings, and yeah, loved it!

This book was just so sweet and enjoyable and fun!

Author: Chelsea Philpot
Read: October 14th, 2016
Source: Edelweiss
Reason Why: Sounded really great, and it's a SAC 2016 Book and a Sophomore Challenge Book!
Publisher: Harper Teen
Published: October 11th 2016
5/5 Hearts
4/5 Books
4/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!