Saturday, May 6, 2017

Week 18 Review: Look Behind You

From Goodreads:
A serial killer is on the loose in San Diego, and he has a most unusual M.O.: With each kill, he leaves behind objects with unclear meanings. Most of the recent killings are centered near Kendra Michaels' home and office, so it comes as no great surprise when the FBI shows up at her door. The investigators soon make a startling discovery: the left-behind objects are actually souvenirs of other unsolved serial murder cases in various U.S. cities. And the new cases feature "holdback" characteristics of the other murders unknown to the general public. 

Kendra realizes that the killer has come to challenge and taunt her. The investigators become his newest targets, even as Kendra slowly begins to suspect that one of them may be the killer himself. She must find the killer as the body count rises, and to do so she relies on her own "dream team" of agent-for-hire Adam Lynch and private investigator Jessie Mercado. They must risk everything to defeat a psychopath whose terrifying plan is years in the making.

My Review:
Reading this book was just fantastic! This series is just amazing, and I really hope that it continues, because honestly, 5 books just isn't enough! Kendra is absolutely wonderful, and when you add in Lynch, well, fireworks go off from their sparks!

After that last book, I didn't know what to expect from their relationship. And neither did Kendra, I think. Especially since they hadn't seen each other since the last book ended-6 weeks ago or so, and minimal communication since then. So when they did come together (not physically, not yet!) I just wanted more!

One thing that I really love about this series, is Kendra's real job of music therapy. She has one client that is focused upon in this book-and Kendra helps him a lot. And that was really sweet and heart-wrenching! And the bad guy tried to use that against her, because he's evil!

Who the bad guy was, was very tricky! I mean, that he changed his M.O. as a serial killer at 4 different cities, and now is tying them all together? He was really smart and devious! Taking him down was very satisfying! I did guess who he was, because of a few clues, which made me feel smart! Yeah!

Absolutely fantastic book, I enjoyed it so much! I need more of this series!

Authors: Iris Johansen and Roy Johansen
Series: Kendra Michaels #5
Read: May 3rd, 2017
Source: NetGalley
Reason Why: Love her books, and yeah, it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2017 Book and a WoW Book!
Publisher: St. Martin's Press
Expected Publication: July 18th 2017
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!