Saturday, May 13, 2017

Week 19 Review: While the Duke Was Sleeping

From Goodreads:
Sometimes the man of your dreams . . .

Shop girl Poppy Fairchurch knows it's pointless fantasizing about the Duke of Autenberry. Still, dreams can't hurt anyone . . . unlike the carriage Poppy spies bearing down upon the unsuspecting duke. After she pulls him to safety, the duke lapses into a coma and Poppy is mistaken for his fiancée. But one person isn't fooled: his arrogant and much too handsome half-brother, Struan Mackenzie. Soon Poppy isn't sure what she wants more . . . the fantasy of her duke or the reality of one smoldering Scot who challenges her at every turn.

. . . is not who you think.

An illegitimate second son, Struan may have built an empire and established himself as one of the wealthiest men in Britain, but he knows he will always be an outsider among the ton. Just like he knows the infuriating Poppy is a liar. There's no way the haughty Duke of Autenberry would deign to wed a working class girl. It doesn’t matter how charming she is. Or tempting. Or how much Struan wants her for himself.

My Review:
I really enjoyed reading this book! Sophie Jordan's books have always been really awesome, and yeah, this book was really great! I really enjoyed reading about Poppy and Struan! They were such a great couple!

I didn't read the synopsis before I started reading this book. So I had no clue what to expect, and how the title would play in. I mean, to have a guy have a coma, yeah, that was really interesting to read! And it set the state for Poppy and Struan's romance.

To have a crush on a man beyond your station, and then having to pretend to be his fiance, well, that was just kinda hilarious! And I loved how accepting the Duke's family was, because they really have no proof that Poppy is engaged to the Duke.

There were a lot of hilarious moments in this book! It was also a touch darker than most historical romances that I can recall. But it all came together-and came to a head, and yeah, I'm glad that they got a happy ending!

I really enjoyed reading this book, and I can't wait to read more!

Author: Sophie Jordan
Series: The Rogue Files #1
Read: May 12th, 2017
Source: Ebook.bike
Reason Why: Love her writing, and it's a Historical Fiction 2017 Book and Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2017 Book!
Publisher: Avon
Published: October 25th 2016
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars







No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!