Saturday, November 11, 2017

Week 45 Reviews: Diaries of an Urban Panther, Claws and Effect, Nine Lives of an Urban Panther



From Goodreads:
Violet Jordan Rule #1 of being a superhero: No tights.

Dear Diary,

By now you know I'm hardly a normal girl. Last night I woke up naked in an alley after fighting off some werewolves. All in a day's work, I guess. I thought I was dealing pretty well with the whole werepanther thing: the training, the apocalyptic prophecies. And the hot guy following me around, protecting me at every turn, is definitely a bonus. I'm even starting to become accustomed to the bloodshed and the violence—and that's what scares me. What will tomorrow bring?
--------------------------
Violet Jordan thought the fairy tales her mother wove were just a way to get Violet to sleep, not a way to prepare her for the apocalypse she is the key to preventing. When she becomes a midnight snack for werepanther Spencer Haverty, his infectious bite invokes the first element of her destiny. When Violet's budding instincts allow her to save a boy's life, she realizes this new gig may come with perks: a slimmer figure, the attention of a handsome Guardian, and insights into her future embedded in her mother's stories. But as push comes to claws, can Violet make the fatal strike against the men threatening her new family, her new home and her first boyfriend in ages? 

From Goodreads:
Violet Jordan Rule #2 of being a superhero: Find reliable sidekicks

Dear Diary,

Once I took down Haverty, the Primo of the city, I thought life was going to get better. After four assassination attempts, I'm thinking not so much. Haverty's pack needs a new leader and I’ve just about run out of reasons why I'm not right for the job. Besides, having loyal followers would definitely help me fight off whoever's out for my blood. Especially since my boyfriend is always busy playing White Hat to every Wanderer except me.

So now I just need to figure out how to mentor new shifters, run a pack, keep my "real" job, and have some sort of personal life. I guess it's all in a day's work for this writer-by-day / panther-by-night.

From Goodreads:
Violet Jordan's Rule #3 of being a superhero: Family first, fur second.

Dear Diary,
With new supernatural creatures popping up at every turn (Ghouls? Really?), the city divided, and my long-lost cousin blazing into town, I've got a lot on my mind. Oh, not to mention I'm supposed to be planning a wedding. Chaz has got to be the best, most patient (and probably clinically insane) fiance around.


But defeating my sworn enemy in a battle for the souls of Dallas is going to require more than just my full attention. It means learning to depend on everyone—especially Chaz—if any of us are going to make it out of this alive. Because if Plan A doesn't work, I'm going to need them for Plan B. And Plan C . . . 

My Review:
I enjoyed reading these books! They were a different take on shifters, and various other paranormal beings, and I really enjoyed that! I enjoyed the characters, and the various mysteries/figuring out how to beat the bad guys, and the romance! Yeah, there was a lot going on!

One thing that I found funny, was the martial arts mixed philosophy that Violet chose-Jeen Kune Do. Because of course the one that she picked was based on Bruce Lee's experiences. Who is known for movies, and she writes movies. Of course!

My one complaint about this book, is that Violet learned about the world-and we didn't. It was like, what the heck was going on, and Violet knew, and this wasn't in a "keep plan to defeat bad guy from the reader" sort of thing. This was totally confused and not what was going on for most of the 1st book. It did carry through the rest of the series, but wasn't quite as bad, since we had the events of the previous books to rely on.

Violet has a lot resting on her shoulders, there's the whole prophecy and the "one" thing, which got mentioned once more, and then never again, and being the leader of the pack, and facing off the bad guys...a lot going on! But she faced it with the best that she had, and was victorious, so yeah!

This series had its flaws, but it was really great to read!

Author: Amanda Arista
Series: Daries of an Urban Panther #1, 2, 3
Read: November 10th, 10th, 10th, 2017
Source: Ebook.bike
Reason Why: Sounded good, and this series has a short story in an anthology with other series stories that I want to finish, but can't till I read this series! And they're Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2017 Books, and Nine Lives of an Urban Panther is a End of Series 2017 Book!
Publisher: Avon Impulse, HarperCollins Publishers
Published: July 5th 2011, December 27th 2011, August 21st 2012

Diaries of a Urban Panther:
5/5 Hearts
4/5 Books
5/5 Stars









Claws and Effect:
5/5 Hearts
4/5 Books
4.5/5 Stars









Nine Lives on an Urban Panther:
5/5 Hearts
4.5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!