Saturday, November 25, 2017

Week 47 Review: Spartan Heart

From Goodreads:
New school year, same old problems... 

At Mythos Academy, everyone knows exactly who I am: Rory Forseti, Spartan girl and the daughter of Reapers. 

Even though I fought alongside my cousin Gwen Frost to save the mythological world from Loki and his evil Reapers of Chaos, I'm still the most hated girl at the academy because of all the horrible things my parents did. I had hoped that this school year would be different, but the other kids just won't let me forget about my parents. 

But something strange is going on at the Colorado academy. First, I run into a Viking guy who dislikes me more than most. Then I notice some odd artifacts in the Library of Antiquities. And worst of all, I start hearing rumors about a new group of Reapers who can summon mythological monsters. 

I might be the most hated girl at Mythos Academy, but I'm also the only one who can save it...

My Review:
Oh, this book was really fantastic! While it has been awhile since I read the Mythos Academy books, it was so easy to slip right back into this world! And it was different having Rory narrate, but a good different, she's so interesting, and plus, it meant that Gwen got a break!

These people take "sins of the father" waaaaaay too far! Honestly, a child is in no way to blame for their parent's actions, and yet, that's what Rory faces, that her parents were Reapers, assassins at that, which was only revealed about a year ago, so still pretty fresh!

Sigyn, wife of Loki, and who walked around the campuses as Raven, was a pretty central figure in this book. Like Gwen told Rory, Sigyn had an interest in her, and that was played out in this book! Especially since the bad guys have such an interest in her, given her fantastic warrior abilities!

The bad guys in this book, they were a mix of same old, same old, and new. While their goals haven't changed-taking over the world-well, they shifted from Loki ruling to their leader ruling. They were pretty devious, but finding out who the leader was, that was a kick in the gut! Can't wait to see him being taken down!

I enjoyed this book so much, and I can't wait for the sequels!

Author: Jennifer Estep
Series: Mythos Academy: Colorado #1
Read: November 23rd, 2017
Source: Author for Review
Reason Why: Love her books, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2017 Book!
Publisher: Jennifer Estep
Expected Publication: December 5th 2017
4/5 Hearts
4/5 Books
4/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!