Thursday, March 12, 2020

Mocha, Moonlight, and Murder: Review

From Goodreads:
A midnight food run nearly gets 28-year-old Katherine O'Brian killed. She's the only person to see the man who brutally murdered a local woman and the killer is hell-bent on making sure she doesn't talk.

Enrolled at the local community college, she meets Scott Mitchell; literally, tall, dark, and handsome. Scott left a broken engagement behind when he moved to Reno and the last thing he needs is more drama. But when he and Katherine are paired for a project, that's what he gets. It can be very distracting when someone is out to kill your lab partner. There's definite chemistry, but with a growing friendship and Katherine's life in danger, romance will have to wait. Together, they'll try to figure out what the police haven't been able to—the identity of the killer, before Katherine is his next victim.

Scott and Katherine will face jealousy, misunderstandings, lust, and rivals, not to mention attempted murder—and all before their first real date.

My Review:
I enjoyed this book! It kinda reminded me of Lynsay Sands books, both her vampire series and her highlander one, where it's a romance, and there's a mystery of someone trying to kill one of the leads. Just a lot of fun to read!

I will say, that there was something about either the narration, writing or some combination of both that wasn't quite my style. I enjoyed it, but it wasn't totally my cup of hot chocolate. I can't pinpoint it, but it was like a splinter, and I just wanted to figure out why.

Katherine and Scott were really cute together. They both had reasons why they didn't want to get into a relationship, and still their chemistry and how well they got along with each other, kept tugging them together. It was so enjoyable to read!

I enjoyed how things all came together, it could've very easily gone in a more negative direction, if one or two things had been changed. So glad that it all worked out and we got a happy ending! And I'm wondering where the series will go with Jack and Amy mentioned in the synopsis of the next book...

This was a sweet, cute read, and I enjoyed it a lot!

Author: MaryAnn Kempher
Series: Under the Moonlight #1
Read: March 11th, 2020
Source: Pump Up Your Books Review Copy
Reason Why: Sounded really good, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2020 Book!
Publisher: MaryAnn Kempher
Published: December 3rd 2014
5/5 Hearts
4/5 Books
4/5 Stars
Bio:
For many years, MaryAnn Kempher lived in Reno Nevada where most of her stories are set. Her books are an entertaining mix of mystery and humor. She lives in the Tampa Florida area with her husband, two children, and a very snooty Chorkie.

Contact and Buy AKA Links:



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!