Saturday, May 23, 2020

Week 21 Review: Burn

From Goodreads:
On a cold Sunday evening in early 1957, Sarah Dewhurst waited with her father in the parking lot of the Chevron gas station for the dragon he'd hired to help on the farm...

Sarah Dewhurst and her father, outcasts in their little town of Frome, Washington, are forced to hire a dragon to work their farm, something only the poorest of the poor ever have to resort to.

The dragon, Kazimir, has more to him than meets the eye, though. Sarah can't help but be curious about him, an animal who supposedly doesn't have a soul, but who is seemingly intent on keeping her safe.

Because the dragon knows something she doesn't. He has arrived at the farm with a prophecy on his mind. A prophecy that involves a deadly assassin, a cult of dragon worshippers, two FBI agents in hot pursuit—and somehow, Sarah Dewhurst herself. 

My Review:
This book was so fantastic to read! I just devoured it, it was so easy to read, and watching these different characters and their stories, watching them start to come together, it was just so fascinating and enticing to read!

This world was so interesting to read, with dragons who can be hired to help farm the land. It just seems so strange, the juxtaposition of the the grandness of dragons, with the mundane work of farming. But that's just in, that dragons are, if not open and sharing, at least aren't a totally mystery.

Sarah is the center of this book, and these other characters we were watching, it was great to watch them star to come together. And it was totally unexpected where this book went! I just couldn't put it down, I got about 3 hours of sleep because I just had to read this book!

That ending was so fantastic! It just kept going, and it continued to be unexpected! The direction that it went, made sense, and was just thrilling to read! I enjoyed how things wrapped up, and I'm excited for what the future will bring for these characters!

I really enjoyed this book, it was a fantastic read, and thoroughly enjoyable!

Author: Patrick Ness
Read: May 19th, 2020
Source: Edelweiss
Reason Why: Sounded really good and I've enjoyed his writing, and it's a SAC 2020 Book and a WoW Book!
Publisher: Quill Tree Books
Expected Publication: June 7th 2020
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

2 comments:

  1. I’m so excited for this book! It sounds bizarrely brilliant.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bizarrely brilliant is a fantastic description of this book! It's so weird and wonderful, I really enjoyed it! Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

      Delete

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!