Saturday, May 16, 2020

Week 20 Review: Desolation Road

From Goodreads:
Torpedo Ink is Aleksei "Absinthe" Solokov's whole life. They're his brothers, his family—his everything. But that doesn't stop him from wanting something that only belongs to him. That's why the tough biker has spent the last six weeks at the library, reading every book he can get his hands on and watching the prim and proper librarian who makes his blood rush.

For the past six weeks, Scarlet Foley has been fantasizing about the handsome, tattooed man whose eyes follow her every move. She senses he's dangerous. She wants him to get close enough to touch. She wishes she could let him know the real woman, not the one she pretends to be. But Scarlet has a plan to carry out, and she can't afford any distractions.

Absinthe is well aware that Scarlet is hiding something. She's a puzzle he intends to solve, piece by intoxicating piece…

My Review:
Reading this book was hard for me. On one hand, I enjoy Christine Feehan's writing. On the other, this series and the Leopard one, usually the males are really dominating, and it depends on the guy. I can read the book if I don't like him, but my enjoyment in this book, well, I didn't like him. This is my lowest rated Christine Feehan book, and my first negative review of an ARC. And it's a little bit sad.

I really wanted to like this couple. In the beginning, they had the potential to be my favourites of this series thus far-she's a librarian, they're both intellectuals and love books. But he's an asshole, or he acts like one one too many times for me. Like, there's this one scene midway, where what he likes about her, becomes something that he's afraid of. And he lets fear take control and I got really angry at him-I'm writing this section of the review just after, I haven't finished the book yet-and really, his actions aren't acceptable. I just really didn't like his actions half the time.

There were a few things I really enjoyed about this book, like we found out why some the Torpedo Ink members have their proclivities, and the guilt that Absinthe carries. As well as the threat that is facing Scarlet, and the job that they take on. That was really entertaining!

For me, the beginning and the end were the best parts of this book, because they weren't dealing with their bedroom romps. The relationship stuff, not my thing, but the physical stuff, most definitely not my interest. The beginning and ending had action, and I really enjoyed that!

Honestly, this book is pretty good, it's just that this kinda of relationship isn't my cup of tea, and if it's yours, well, you'll enjoy it. This book was a pretty decent read.

Author: Christine Feehan
Series: Torpedo Ink #4
Read: May 12th, 2020
Source: NetGalley
Reason Why: Love her writing and this series, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2020 Book and a WoW Book!
Publisher: Berkley
Published: July 7th 2020
4/5 Hearts
3/5 Books
3/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!