Saturday, July 2, 2022

Week 26 Reviews: The Search, Part 1, The Search, Part 2, The Search, Part 3



From Goodreads:
Yang and Gurihiru will return for a second "Avatar: The Last Airbender" graphic novel series called "The Search," which explores the biggest unsolved mystery in "Avatar" lore: what happened to Prince Zuko's mother?

In search of their long-lost mother, Fire Lord Zuko and his deadly and insane sister Azula have brought Avatar Aang and his friends into a mysterious forest, but what they discover within may be more than they can face. Will they too be lost in these woods forever?

The Fate of the Fire Lord!

Avatar Aang travels to the spirit world to parlay with an ancient power, bringing Fire Lord Zuko ever closer to discovering the truth about his mother's fate—and his own past. Yet Zuko's sister Azula is becoming increasingly dangerous, threatening to ruin everything that Zuko, Aang, Katara, and Sokka have struggled to achieve on their search!

My Review
:
It was really great to reread this series! I love the show, and I'm loving the graphic novels, and while I did read this back around the time that it came out, I mentally didn't consider graphic novels to be a part of my blog, so I don't know exactly when. But I know I enjoyed them the first time, as well!

This is the story of Zuko's mom is the focus of this series, and this is the one big question from the show. I did remember most of what when down, but oh, it was really great to watch it unfold, to see Zuko following in his mom's path! 

We do switch between Team Avatar in the present, and his mom in the past, and I really enjoyed seeing that, to get her story first hand, and seeing what the gang were doing along the way. It kept the pace up, and gave us the information that we needed!

This really is a bittersweet story, she was taken from the love of her life to marry into the royal family, and then because of his actions, she had to kill the Fire Lord-and be sent away. So there were some really tough choices, but I'm glad for how things worked out in the end! Though Azula might be a problem in the future...This is as far as I read, so everything after this is new, and I can't wait! 

Loved reading these again, and I can't wait to continue with the graphic novels series! 

Author: Gene Luen Yang, Illustrated by Gurihiru
Series: The Search #1, 2, 3, Avatar: The Last Airbender #2.1, 2.2, 2.3, 2
Read: June 26th, 26th, 26th, 2022
Source: Online 
Reason Why: Love this world and I need to consume all the content, and they're Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2022 Books!
Publisher: Dark Horse Books 
Published: March 20th 2013, July 2nd 2013, July 2nd 2013

The Search, Part 1:
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars








The Search, Part 2:
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars








The Search, Part 3:
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!