Saturday, July 16, 2022

Week 28 Review: On Destiny

From Goodreads:
When Amihanna di Aetes first got to Sel'Ani, she never thought she'd have the full support of the Aunare, but she does. She never thought that she'd fall in love, get married, or become the High Queen, but she did. She never thought that she'd be planning something so stupid as her return to Earth, but that's exactly what she’s doing.

With the Alliance broken, SpaceTech has fully retreated to their home planet, but the chaos of war will descend again. Amihanna and Lorne know they don't have much time to plan their next move. Everything in their guts tells them to head straight to Earth, and that going into the heart of SpaceTech's territory is stupid, reckless, and very likely deadly.

Amihanna and Lorne have one chance to end this war quickly, protect the Aunare, free the Earthers from SpaceTech's rule, and save Declan, Ahiga, and the missing ABQ Crew members. Trying to do it all feels impossible, but Amihanna has never been one to back down from a challenge, especially when defeating SpaceTech was never just her mission. It's her destiny.

My Review:
Well yeah, I loved reading this book! I dropped everything when I was approved for this ARC, but I had to reread the rest of the series, since I'd only read it the one time, and it's been years since I read the first two, and then I was able to dive straight into this one! And it was so freaking great!

I think this has to be a custom of mine, but this cover is absolutely stunning! This series has covers that hit right in that spot that I can't help but love, the colours are gorgeous, and the font of the title looks so great. I adore this covers! 

Honestly, it was a bit nerve-wrecking reading this book, it's the last of the series, everything is coming together-and they're going to fight the war, they're going to go to Earth. Everything has been building up to it. So I was worried about how everything would go down-and if everyone would survive it all.

Amihanna and Lorne have been through a lot, separately, and together. And they both have some issues to work through, that being on Earth brings back up, and it was great to have those tense emotional moments when things were action packed tense. 

I do wish that we could've had a bit of an explanation for that reveal in 35. Like, why it happened the way it did, but it was right near the end, and then wasn't mentioned in the clean up. Like I have a theory of a secret love child, but I could be wildly off base. I just want to know! 

All in all, I loved how everything came together and wrapped up, I loved the place that we left these characters in (though I would've loved a flash forward epilogue like 10 years in the future, just to see how everyone is doing, how the peace was going, with Vyic and how that all resolved

Loved reading this book, and I really need to read more by Aileen Erin! 

Author: Aileen Erin 
Series: Aunare Chronicles #4 
Read: July 9th, 2022
Source: NetGalley 
Reason Why: Love her writing and this series, and it's a End of Series 2022 Book, Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2022 Book and a WoW Book! 
Publisher: Ink Monster, LLC
Expected Publication July 19th 2022
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!