Saturday, November 18, 2023

Week 46 Reviews: The Dragon Who Loved Me, How to Drive a Dragon Crazy


From Goodreads:
I was raised for battle. And as the first daughter of a warrior family, I've earned my reputation the hard way. Yet now I fight alongside uncivilized male Northland dragons who think a female is only good for breeding and waiting back home in the cave. But it's the foolish and foolhardy who would try to stop me, Rhona the Fearless, from doing what I do best—destroying the enemies of my kind.

So the smartest thing wily barbarian Vigholf the Abhorrent can do for me is stay out of my way as we risk all on a deadly mission in enemy territory. I don't care if he's fascinated by me, even though he is ads attractive as he is resourceful. He's having far too much fun putting me in difficult situations and testing my sense of duty to the limit. And I'm going to enjoy challenging his insufferable confidence, outwitting his schemes, and making him surrender in the wildest ways. . .

From Goodreads:
Some things never go away, like vile enemies, bad ale, and annoying kin. But I thought I was finished with the one dragon I'd have done anything for: Éibhear the Blue, a big, gorgeous, blue-haired beast who thinks the world belongs to him. The world and, apparently, me.

So if Éibhear wants to play the caring hero and travel into the most forsaken of Gods forsaken lands to protect the one woman who doesn't need it--namely me--I'll let him. Because while I'm trying to fulfill a ridiculous quest for a pushy god, I'm going to draw this overconfident warlord much too close, rekindle his fires, and enjoy every minute of his delicious defeat..

My Review:
I had a really great time reading these books! I'm just loving this series, and it's been great to watch all these various couples fall in love, and spend more time in this world! And these next two installments were a lot of fun to read! 

I've mainly been consuming these books through audio, so I am getting these characters a bit mixed up, until after I get to their book, where I hear there names over and over. So I don't quite know who is who, so some parts were a tad bit confusing, since I didn't know who they were speaking to, or speaking about. Which is a me thing, but the audiobooks were so convenient! But it was good to read some of these books with my eyes. 

The battle between the North and the South has been going on for a while now, and it was really great to see Rhona take on these secret missions to help achieve victory, with Vigholf tagging along, yeah, it was so entertaining to read! 

When I was reading About a Dragon and then What a Dragon Should Know, I knew that Izzy and Éibhear should get together. Even if there were complications, since her mom is with Briec and Izzy has spent the time since as being part of the family, they aren't related. They're just so entertaining to read about together! 

Loved reading these books, and I can't wait to continue on! 

Author: G.A. Aiken
Series: Dragon Kin #5, 6
Read: November 11th, 12th, 2023 
Source: Ebook.bike, Bought 
Reason Why: Love her writing and this series, and they're Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2023 Books!
Publisher: Zebra
Published: September 1st 2011, September 4th 2012

The Dragon Who Loved Me:
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars










How to Drive a Dragon Crazy:
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!