Saturday, November 18, 2023

Week 46 Reviews: Victim Six, Closer Than Blood


From Goodreads:
The bodies are found in towns and cities around Puget Sound. The young women who are the victims had nothing in common...except the agony of their final moments. But somebody carefully chose them to stalk, capture, and torture—a depraved killer whose cunning is matched only by the depth of his bloodlust. But the dying has only just begun. And next victim will be the most shocking of all?

From Goodreads:
The first time was easy. No one ever suspected the victim had been murdered. The crime long buried, the dark passions guiding the killer's hand are still alive. But the need for revenge cannot be denied. Only one person can stop the killing. Only one person can identify the killer. Only one person knows the face of death--is as close as the face in the mirror. . .

My Review:
I really enjoyed reading these books! They were realistic, that crime solving takes time, what with the first book taking, what, at least 6 months, from beginning to end. I just had to keep reading them, to see how the crimes would be solved! 

I will say, while I've enjoyed his one YA series, something about this series wasn't just to my taste. Maybe it was the cop who hooked up with the reporter lady who was way younger then him, and their dynamics. But yeah, while I enjoyed the stories overall, they weren't my favourite.

With Victim Six, we got the killer calling about his crimes, and we got all sorts of perspectives, including the killer and his family, which yeah, that was pretty creepy. That one victim, I felt so sorry for, she almost got away! 

Closer Than Blood, was quite clever, with the twins and all, and it was a really interesting mystery, all these pieces that came together. Some were so random, but they worked together for the larger picture and I really enjoyed watching Kendall investigate the crime! 

I had a great time reading these, and I can't wait to continue on with these characters, though there is a switch to the series following the other character! 

Author: Gregg Olsen
Series: Sheriff Detective Kendall Stark #1, 2
Read: November 13th, 13th, 2023
Source: Audible, Ebook.bike
Reason Why: Love his writing and it sounded really great, and they're Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2023 Books! 
Publisher: Tantor Audio, Pinnacle
Published: January 1st 2010, January 1st 2011

Victim Six:
5/5 Hearts
4/5 Books
4/5 Stars








Closer Than Blood:
5/5 Hearts
4/5 Books
4/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!