Saturday, November 25, 2023

Week 47 Reviews: Dragonswood, In the Time of Dragon Moon


Wilde Island is not at peace. The kingdom mourns the dead Pendragon king and awaits the return of his heir; the uneasy pact between dragons, fairies, and humans is strained; and the regent is funding a bloodthirsty witch hunt. Tess, daughter of a blacksmith, has visions of the future, but she still doesn't expect to be accused of witchcraft.

From Goodreads:
An epic fantasy about dragons, dark secrets, Pendragons, and magic

On the southernmost tip of Wilde Island--far from the Dragonswood sanctuary and the Pendragon Castle--live the native Euit people. Uma, who is half Euit and half English, and not fully accepted by her tribe, wants to become a healer like her Euit father. But the mad English queen in the north, desperate for another child, kidnaps Uma and her father and demands that he cure her barrenness. After her father dies, Uma must ensure that the queen is with child by the time of the Dragon Moon, or be burned at the stake.

Terrified and alone, Uma reaches out to her only possible ally: the king's nephew Jackrun, a fiery dragonrider with dragon, fairy, and human blood. Together, they must navigate through a sea of untold secrets, unveil a dark plot spawned long ago in Dragonswood, and find a way to accept all the elements--Euit, English, dragon, and fairy--that make them who they are.

My first review of Dragonswood
My Review:
I loved reading these books! I loved Dragonswood the first time, and it was so great to reread it, and I was looking forward to reading In the Time of Dragon Moon because of that, and having loved the first book as well, I had to finish out the series! 



These were such fantastic reads that I had a great time reading!  

Author: Janet Lee Carey
Series: Wilde Island Chronicles #2, 3
First Read: March 28th, 2012
Read: November 23rd, 23rd, 2023
Source: Own
Reason Why: Rereading, and they're Historical Fiction 2023 Books and Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2023 Books! And In the Time of Dragon Moon is a End of Series 2023 Book! 
Publisher: Dial, Kathy Dawson Books
Published: January 5th 2012, March 24th 2015

Dragonswood:
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars








In the Time of Dragon Moon:
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!