Monday, March 14, 2011

Touching A Heart

Ok, well, I wanted to do this post Friday, but on the mini. Different post for that.

Anyways, I'm taking bio this semester, and we did the digestive system, and we're just finishing up the circulatory? system, and that includes the heart.

So Friday, the shorter day of the school week, was the day that we got the cow hearts.

It was actually pretty interesting, I could fit my hand in the cow's aorta, which I think takes the oxygenated? blood from the heart to the rest of the body, but I'm not sure. I know it's near the end of the process of getting oxygen to the blood, though!

It was a bit gross getting the fat off the heart-these are cows that are bred to go become burgers, and they had been killed 2 or 3 days earlier, so the fat was hardening, so that wasn't pleasant, but once it was off, it was fun to hold that heart in my hand.

Yep. Just wanted to let you guys know that :)

And now I have the warm doggies with me, hehe!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!