Saturday, May 28, 2011

Week 18/21 Review: Timeless

From Goodreads:
When tragedy strikes Michele Windsor's world, she is forced to uproot her life and move across the country to New York City, to live with the wealthy, aristocratic grandparents she's never met. In their old Fifth Avenue mansion filled with a century's worth of family secrets, Michele discovers a diary that hurtles her back in time to the year 1910. There, in the midst of the glamorous Gilded Age, Michele meets the young man with striking blue eyes who has haunted her dreams all her life – a man she always wished was real, but never imagined could actually exist. And she finds herself falling for him, into an otherworldly, time-crossed romance.

Michele is soon leading a double life, struggling to balance her contemporary high school world with her escapes into the past. But when she stumbles upon a terrible discovery, she is propelled on a race through history to save the boy she loves – a quest that will determine the fate of both of their lives.


My Review:
I enjoyed Timeless-I read it twice. I loved the characters, and their struggles, and the lesson that Michele learns. The only thing I didn't like was that the language, it was a bit stiff, formal, something that I wouldn't expect from a girl her age-my age. I don't think like that, I don't know what most of these things mean, and I don't understand buildings. But that might just because I'm not into that sort of thing.

I really enjoyed the characters, they were fun, and I loved all the time travelling. And her getting to know her relatives, and build with her grandparents, it was nice to see that unfold.

I especially liked the ending, since it was really happy and what the characters needed.

All in all, a good story, one that I'd recommend, nice and pretty easy, and quick.

Author: Alexandra Monir
Series: Timeless #1
Read: May 21st, 2011
Source: Library
Reason Why: Sound good, of course!
Publisher: Delacorte Press Books for Young Readers
Published: January 11th 2011
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!