Saturday, May 21, 2011

Week 20 Review: Nevermore

From Goodreads:
Cheerleader Isobel Lanley is horrified when she is paired with Varen Nethers for an English project, which is due—so unfair—on the day of the rival game. Cold and aloof, sardonic and sharp-tongued, Varen makes it clear he'd rather not have anything to do with her either. But when Isobel discovers strange writing in his journal, she can't help but give this enigmatic boy with the piercing eyes another look.

Soon, Isobel finds herself making excuses to be with Varen. Steadily pulled away from her friends and her possessive boyfriend, Isobel ventures deeper and deeper into the dream world Varen has created through the pages of his notebook, a realm where the terrifying stories of Edgar Allan Poe come to life.

As her world begins to unravel around her, Isobel discovers that dreams, like words, hold more power than she ever imagined, and that the most frightening realities are those of the mind. Now she must find a way to reach Varen before he is consumed by the shadows of his own nightmares. 


His life depends on it.

My Review:
I enjoyed this book, I liked how it started off with a cheerleader-jock boyfriend-girlfriend, to a atypical crush/love. It was great to read that, and just to go through the adventure.

I kinda read this book a little too quickly, so I missed some details, but I got the gist of the story, and I really enjoyed Isobel and Varen, and I loved how the boyfriend was brought back into the story as a character who did more then just disrupt the MC's relationship, and did more then just that, but did something for the story later, just before the climax.

I liked the characters, and the plot, and I can't wait for the sequel, which is coming out very soon! Can't wait for it!

So you guys better go check it out, it was great!

Author: Kelly Creagh
Series: Nevermore #1
Read: May 18th, 2011
Source: Library
Reason Why: Sounded good!
Publisher: Atheneum Books for Young Readers
Published: August 31st 2010
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!