Saturday, May 21, 2011

Week 20 Review: Demonglass

From Goodreads:
Sophie Mercer thought she was a witch.

That was the whole reason she was sent to Hex Hall, a reform school for delinquent Prodigium (aka witches, shapeshifters, and fairies). But that was before she discovered the family secret, and that her hot crush, Archer Cross, is an agent for The Eye, a group bent on wiping Prodigium off the face of the earth.

Turns out, Sophie's a demon, one of only two in the world—the other being her father. What's worse, she has powers that threaten the lives of everyone she loves. Which is precisely why Sophie decides she must go to London for the Removal, a dangerous procedure that will destroy her powers.

But once Sophie arrives she makes a shocking discovery. Her new friends? They’re demons too. Meaning someone is raising them in secret with creepy plans to use their powers, and probably not for good. Meanwhile, The Eye is set on hunting Sophie down, and they're using Archer to do it. But it's not like she has feelings for him anymore. Does she?


My Review:
Loved this book! It was a great second book in a series, and I loved how it continued it. We got to see more of her father, and there was a lot of them interacting, and it was really good!

I liked how everything added together, all the little things, and how the characters that I liked, totally surprised both me, and Sophie, because things are not as they seem, and Sophie figures that out.
I enjoyed the bitersweet irony-how the reason why that she wanted to come there in the first place, is the one thing she doesn't want to happen in the end.

Sophie was a little different from when she was in Hex Hall, she was a bit more mature, because of the events in Hex Hall, but she still had her wit, and I quite enjoyed that.

I also liked seeing how the creatures in the books where like when they weren't put in a school for becoming rather public. It was nice to see them a bit more loose, and different, and how they were like, naturally.

It was a good book, with good characters, and an excellent plot that kept me reading!
So go out, and buy this! I will be as soon as I can!

Author: Rachel Hawkins
Series: Hex Hall #2
Read: May 15th, 2011
Source: Library
Read: Enjoyed the first book, and needed to read more!
Publisher: Disney
Published: March 22nd 2011
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!