Saturday, February 4, 2012

Week 5 Review: Goddess Interrupted

From Goodreads:
Kate Winters has won immortality. 

But if she wants a life in the Underworld with Henry, she'll have to fight for it. 

Becoming immortal wasn't supposed to be the easy part. Though Kate is about to be crowned Queen of the Underworld, she's as isolated as ever. And despite her growing love for Henry, ruler of the Underworld, he's becoming ever more distant and secretive. Then, in the midst of Kate's coronation, Henry is abducted by the only being powerful enough to kill him: the King of the Titans. 

As the other gods prepare for a war that could end them all, it is up to Kate to save Henry from the depths of Tartarus. But in order to navigate the endless caverns of the Underworld, Kate must enlist the help of the one person who is the greatest threat to her future. 

Henry's first wife, Persephone.

My Review:
And...that part of the book is around half it of. Which just makes it about 10 times better, there was so much story afterwards! And the second half was way better! The whole book was amazing, which made the second half incredible!!

Kate's gotten through summer, and when she comes back to Henry, well, it's like the events of the first book basically haven't happened, except that she's a Goddess, and she's married to him. That's about it. He's cold and distant again, and she works on trying to bring him back. With mixed results throughout the book. Some actually funny, some were awkward, and then there were the heartbreaking ones. But they all helped build up the story, as Kate fights insecurities, like seeing a kiss, and goes on a trip to find her husband's ex-wife, her sister whom she's never met. Though not in that order.

The bad guys were way better in this one, I think, because we knew who they were already, and the who was a nothing, and the why/what are we going to do was focused on completely. Especially the "what are we going to do" bit, since that takes up a good half of the book. Mostly the second half. Which is why I liked it better. Yep.

We really got to know the characters, because it was only at the very end of The Goddess Test that they were the Gods and Goddess's of Greek myths. And so the characters were totally themselves, and not hiding parts, and that was a lot of fun to read!

The ending, well, let me tell you, I WANT TO READ MORE!!!!! It was so good, and yet, such a great cliffhanger, one that makes me very nervous for Kate, because she's kinda (well, no kinda about it) been betrayed, and is in a very sticky situation, and her life isn't the one on the line, which if you've read the book, you'll know what I mean. Yep. I just want to read more now!!!!

This was an excellent, excellent book, so you guys better check it out when it comes out!!!

Author: Aimee Carter
Series: Goddess Test #2
Read: January 28th, 2012
Source: NetGalley
Reason Why: Read the first book, wanted to read this one! Sophomore Book Challenge, too!
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Expected Publication: March 27th 2012
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

2 comments:

  1. Wow! So good??? Okay, I have this ARC with me for review, but I thought to read this in March, so I can post the review one month before. But now, I don't know..maybe I should pick it up now itself. Great Review, Louisa!

    Vidya @ Books Are Magic

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, so good! And maybe waiting till March would be better-then you'd have to wait less to read book 3, but I honestly wanted to read it right now :) Just depends on what you can wait for more!! :)

    And thanks!! :D

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!