Saturday, January 2, 2016

Week 1 Review: Life and Death

From Goodreads:
Celebrate the tenth anniversary of Twilight! This special double-feature book includes the classic novel, Twilight, and a bold and surprising reimagining, Life and Death, by Stephenie Meyer.

Packaged as an oversize, jacketed hardcover "flip book," this edition features nearly 400 pages of new content as well as exquisite new back cover art. Readers will relish experiencing the deeply romantic and extraordinarily suspenseful love story of Bella and Edward through fresh eyes.

Twilight has enraptured millions of readers since its first publication in 2005 and has become a modern classic, redefining genres within young adult literature and inspiring a phenomenon that has had readers yearning for more. The novel was a #1 New York Times bestseller, a #1 USA Today bestseller, a Time magazine Best Young Adult Book of All Time, an NPR Best-Ever Teen Novel, and a New York Times Editor's Choice. The Twilight Saga, which also includes New Moon, Eclipse, Breaking Dawn, The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner: An Eclipse Novella, and The Twilight Saga: The Official Illustrated Guide, has sold nearly 155 million copies worldwide.

My Review:
Reading this book was so fantastic! And now I'm thinking that I have to reread this whole series again, and I have a few big reasons why! It was so great to have this story, but with the gender-roles swapped.

One change that there was, that Joss was linked to Archie being turned into a vampire-to protect Archie from being hunted by Joss. Unless that's what happened to Alice, but I either forgot, didn't catch it, or something. Either way, that was really great to read! Also making me need to reread the series! Edit that I now know that was in Twilight, but we didn't have any details reacting to that revelation in Twilight. I'll have to see if any details are in the 10th anniversary version!

And Beau leaving the airport 5 minutes earlier then Bella did, which is why the ending is totally different! That would have completely changed the series if it had happened, but I'm glad that we got both, they were both very great stories with their strengths and good happy endings!

Reading through this book, knowing that there was one change that was made that was small, two characters who got shafted in the series, and instead of a swap, they got a coup. And I loved that part when I got to it, and who these two characters were, yeah. That was pretty awesome! Makes me wish that this change had happened in the original version!

So to read this book, since it's been forever since I've read this series, I created a list of characters whose names changed, from the Vampire Index in the back of Breaking Dawn, and the characters as they were named in Life and Death. Just to help me. But maybe it can help others! (Charlie and Bella/Beau's mom didn't change, though!)

Belle-Beau
Edward-Edythe
Jacob-Julie "Jules"
Emmett-Eleanor
Jasper-Jessamine
Rosalie-Royal
Alice-Archie
Carlisle-Carine
Esme-Earnest
Billy-Bonnie
Jessica-Jeremy
Mike-McKayla
Eric-Erica
Tyler-Taylor
Angela-Allen
Lauren-Logan
James-Joss
Victoria-Victor
Laurent-Lauren
Kate-Krill
Eleazar-Elena

Yeah, really great to to have this book, just so enjoyable, and I need to read the rest of the series!

Author: Stephenie Meyer
Series: Twilight #5
Read: January 1st, 2016
Source: Tuebl
Reason Why: Love this series, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2016 Book!
Publisher: Little, Brown
Published: October 6th 2015
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!