Saturday, July 7, 2018

Week 27 Review: 99 Lies

From Goodreads:
Getting kidnapped over spring break was definitely memorable. But now that the surviving hostages are home, they want life to feel normal again: high school, dating, million-dollar galas.

But there's no escaping the spotlight--or the truth about the ways they betrayed each other in the jungle. And this time, the real threat isn't kidnappers--it's what the "friends" might do to each other.

My Review:
Wow, I enjoyed this book so much! It was totally different from the first book in that the majority of it takes place in and around Miami. It does have a count down like 100 Hours, but it also had statements that might be lies at the beginning of each new segment taken from that segment, which was really great!

Both Genesis and Maddie go through a lot in this book. Like dealing with the media and giving interviews. Or the fact that Maddie's dad is alive and was the one behind what they went through. Yeah, not fun at all, but it made them stronger!

Holden really ups his asshole-ness in this book. I didn't know that he could be any worse without being a real bad guy (minus the whole drug dealer thing, that was just bad) but yeah, he proved me wrong. Wow, what he did was just horrific! Glad that Genesis broke up with him!

In the end, it's not as resolved as some might like, and of which I'm on the fence about. 2 of the major bad guys got away, which sucks. But our good guys had a satisfying ending, which is really great, because they deserve it after all that they've been through!

Yeah, this book was so fantastic, and I enjoyed it so much!

Author: Rachel Vincent
Series: 100 Hours #2
Read: July 6th, 2018
Source: Ebook.bike
Reason Why: Love her writing and this series, and it's a End of Series 2018 Book, Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2018 Book and a WoW Book!
Publisher: Katherine Tegan Books
Published: June 26th 2018
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!