Saturday, July 28, 2018

Week 30 Review: Dare Mighty Things

From Goodreads:
The Selection meets The 5th Wave in this heart-racing debut duology about a girl competing for a spot on a mysterious mission to the outer reaches of space.

THE RULES ARE SIMPLE: You must be gifted. You must be younger than twenty-five. You must be willing to accept the dangers that you will face if you win.

Eighteen-year-old Cassandra Gupta's entire life has been leading up to this—the opportunity to travel to space. But to secure a spot on this classified mission, she must first compete against the best and brightest people on the planet. People who are as determined as she is to win a place on a journey to the farthest reaches of the universe.

Cassie is ready for the toll that the competition will take; the rigorous mental and physical tests designed to push her to the brink of her endurance. But nothing could have prepared her for the bonds she would form with the very people she hopes to beat. Or that with each passing day it would be more and more difficult to ignore the feeling that the true objective of the mission is being kept from her.

As the days until the launch tick down and the stakes rise higher than ever before, only one thing is clear to Cassie: she'll never back down...even if it costs her everything. 

My Review:
I really enjoyed reading this book! I mean, going to space books are pretty awesome, and yeah, combined with a mystery, it was just so great to read and I really enjoyed it! Sure, they don't get to space until the very end, but there's a ton of space training so that was really great!

Cassie was a different character. She wasn't sociable, she had her goals and I can see why some people might not like her. I really enjoyed her journey, both in the competition to be going into space, and as a person, making friends really for the first time. That was so great to read!

The idea of an alien civilization contacting us, yeah, that'd be a pretty extraordinary event! And that they'd gift us with more advanced spacecraft, yeah, so great! My fear would be, why are they doing this? And yeah, we do get a reason in the end! Can't wait to see how it's going to play out!

That ending was evil! It made so much sense, that big reveal, but then it ended, and yeah, I just want more! That ending just wanted me to have the next book now, and yeah, I'm kinda glad that I waited till now to read this book, so the wait for the next book isn't as long!

This book was so awesome, and so great to read, and I can't wait for the sequel!

Author: Heather Kaczynski
Series: Untitled Duology #1
Read: July 22nd, 2018
Source: Edelweiss
Reason Why: Sounded really good, and it's a DAC Book and a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2018 Book!
Publisher: Harper Teen
Published: October 10th 2017
5/5 Hearts
4/5 Books
4.5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!