Saturday, July 14, 2018

Week 28 Review: When Blood Calls

From Goodreads:
Attorney Sara Constantine is thrilled with her promotion—until she finds out that she must now prosecute vampires and werewolves. The first defendant she'll be trying to put away? Lucius Dragos, the sexy stranger with whom she recently shared an explosive night of ecstasy.

When Lucius kisses a beautiful woman sitting next to him at the bar, he's hoping only to avoid the perceptive gaze of the man he's planning to kill. But what starts as a simple kiss ignites into an all-consuming passion. Charged with murder, Luke knows that Sara is determined to see him locked away—unless he can convince her that he's not a monster. And that might mean making the ultimate sacrifice.

My Review:
Oh,wow, this book was really awesome! I loved the writing, the world building, the characters! I loved the take on vampires and how that all worked, though I do have a question or two. This was the start of a fantastic series, and I can't wait to read more of it!

I really enjoyed the idea of these vampires, of the darkness always being with us, but becoming a vampire let it out, and you had to go through a ceremony to lock it up. It was different, and we saw a few ways it could go wrong in this book alone, so really excited to see more!

One of my questions is, they said that he was the last of his line, the last Dragos. And I'm wondering, is that the last name that he was born with, or was it the one that he gained when he became a vampire? If it's the later, then I'm wondering who turned his friend who also got turned the year Lucius was!

I did kinda guess one of the bit twists at the end, that his ward was the bad guy, not the lady that they thought it was. I mean, there was only the two of them female vampires, so it just kinda made sens that it was going to happen, you know?

This book was really fantastic, and I can't wait to read more of this series!

Author: J.K. Beck
Series: The Shadow Keepers #1
Read: July 7th, 2018
Source: Ebook.bike
Reason Why: Sounded really good, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2018 Book and a WTC Book!
Publisher: Bantam
Published: August 31st 2010
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!