Saturday, November 14, 2020

Week 46 Review: They Both Die at the End

From Goodreads:
On September 5, a little after midnight, Death-Cast calls Mateo Torrez and Rufus Emeterio to give them some bad news: They're going to die today. Mateo and Rufus are total strangers, but, for different reasons, they're both looking to make a new friend on their End Day. The good news: There's an app for that. It's called the Last Friend, and through it, Rufus and Mateo are about to meet up for one last great adventure and to live a lifetime in a single day.

My Review:
Oh man, this book! I mean, the title gives it away, but you spend your time with these characters, well, I teared up at the end. The whole concept of Death-Cast, of knowing you'll die in the next 24 hours, well, it's a heartbreaking but wonderful story! 

I loved getting to Mateo and Rufus. Mateo is the sweetest and kindest person, but he's scared of the world. It was such a great read to watch him come out of his shell. And Rufus, he's been dealt a rough hand, but I loved his journey as well, and their journey over the course of the last day they'll live, watching them grow and live, was amazing! 

We were mainly in Mateo and Rufus's heads. But there were a few chapters where we followed other characters, which I loved. Sometimes it was someone really connected to Mateo or Rufus, like one of the Plutos. Others it would seem odd, until there was a brief, random connection. I mean, what are the chances of some of these connections happening? Loved that! 

But that ending, man! It makes you think, does the Death-Cast kind of cause these deaths, or did cause them to die in a different way then they would've have if they hadn't been called? The way that Mateo died, would it have happened earlier without it, or it might not have happened because of what he did that day. And then Rufus, well, he might have died a different way, but he wouldn't have died the exact way he did if he hadn't been called. I don't think...

This was a really fantastic book, and I really enjoyed reading it! 

Author: Adam Silvera
Read: November 13th, 2020
Source: Edelweiss
Reason Why: Love his writing, and it's a SAC 2020 Book! 
Publisher: Quill Tree Books
Published: September 5th 2017
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!