Saturday, November 28, 2020

Week 48 Review: The Missing Season

From Goodreads:
Whenever another kid goes missing in October, the Pender kids know what is really behind it: a horrific monster out in the marshes they have named the Mumbler.

That's what Clara's new crew tells her when she moves to town: Bree and Sage, who take her under their wing; spirited Trace, who has taken the lead on this year's Halloween prank war; and magnetic Kincaid, whose devil-may-care attitude and air of mystery are impossible for Clara to resist.

Clara doesn't actually believe in the Mumbler. But as Halloween gets closer and tensions build in the town, it's hard to shake the feeling that there really is something dark and dangerous in Pender, lurking in the shadows, waiting to bring the stories to life.

My Review:
This book was really great to read! I loved the atmosphere, it was dark and spooky, and I wanted to know what the heck was going on, if there was something supernatural going on with the Mumbler, or it was a Scooby mystery kind of situation.

A good part of this book was Clara's relationships with Bree and Sage, as well as Kincaid. Which causes problems because she's not the only one with feelings for him. And it's complicated by how mysterious Kincaid is, he definitely has some secrets that Clara discovers!

But because of her relationship with Kincaid, well, it does muck things up in her relationship with Bree, because they both did have a crush on him at first. And sure, Clara did go about things the wrong way, but Bree, he's a guy, he's not worth messing up a friendship, no matter how new. I'm glad that they made up in the end!

There were mentions of the bad guy before we knew to connect him to being the bad guy. But I wish we could've had a little bit more that could've hinted to it, so I could look back and say, yeah, this was set up. But I guess it wasn't really that kind of mystery.

I really enjoyed this book, it was a really great read! 

Author: Gillian French
Read: November 25th, 2020
Source: Bought/Edelweiss
Reason Why: Sounded really great, and it's a SAC 2020 Book!
Publisher: Harper Teen
Published: May 21st 2019
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!