Sunday, November 29, 2020

Wheel of TBR #27, November 29th

I saw Codie's Book Corner doing the Wheel of TBR, and I thought that sounded like a great way to pick what to read from your TBR. So thanks to her! I'll only do 3 spins, because I'm doing this every week, and so it won't make up my total TBR of the week, but it'll be a start!

Rules:
1. On the first week of the month, I'll do 12 spins, for books that I'll have all month to read. For each week for the rest of the month, I'll do 3 spins each week to read each week though I do have the rest of the month to read them. Once a prompt is used, I'll randomly choose one from the list, keeping track of how often a colour comes up. If colour comes up 4 or more times in a month, I'll do another spin once it comes up 4 times.
2. If I don't read a book that week or at least start it, then for my next week of spins, I have to add a punishment for each book unread. I'll roll for each unread book, and have to apply each and every punishment chosen to the week.
3. On the other hand, for reward, if I go 4 weeks in a row making my TBR, then I have one opportunity double up and to use a book from past wheel picks for a current week, that I can save for whenever I need it. Only until I have no past wheel picks. Once I clear them up, I'll have to think of an another reward. 

Of the books from the last week, I read Lie to Me by J.T. Ellison, Devoted by Jennifer Mathieu, and I started I Hope You Get This Message by Farah Naz Rishi.

Of the books from the monthly roll, I read What You Hide by Natalie D. Richards, The Mall by Megan McCafferty, Grown by Tiffany D. Jackson, Everything All At Once by Katrina Leno so I have finished the monthly rolls!

This week I read the past wheel picks of The Falling in Love Montage by Ciara Smyth, The Summer Set by Aimee Agresti, Changes in Latitudes by Jen Malone, so I have 2 past spins left, Twin Daggers by MarcyKate Connolly, Ghost Wood Song by Erica Waters.

For the rewards, I have 1 reward saved up still, and I have 1/4 needed for the next reward, and I made it to the next reward, so I have 3 rewards saved up.

Prompts Used This Week:
WIARW, More Than 1000 Rating, Variety Prompt, Retelling, Page Count, Newly Added, RR Book, Highest Rated, Dobby Pick, Colour, Odd Chapters, PDF Book

WIARW-Violet-The Wicked King by Holly Black-This was a book that I wanted to read in 2019, in Week 48. 

More Than 1000 Ratings-Chartreuse-Oathbringer by Brandon Sanderson-This book has over 130,000 ratings, so it definitely counts! And if this was 1000 reviews, then it would work as well, with over 8000 reviews!

Variety Prompt-Cyan-Anthology-All Out Anthology-This is an anthology, so it works! 

Retelling-Azure-Cursed by Thomas Wheeler-This is a retelling of the King Arthur legend, and I can't wait to read it! 

Page Count-Cyan-409-Parasite by Mira Grant-This book is 408 pages, so it's darned close, and I can't wait to read this book! 

Newly Added-Chartreuse-Finlay Donovan Is Killing It by Elle Cosimano-I recently added this, and I can't wait to read it! 

RR Book-Magenta-Nocturna by Maya Motayne-This was the pick for round 470, which was just November 19th, so I'm glad to read it so quickly! 

Highest Rated-Chartreuse-Day One by Kelly deVos, this has a rating of 4.86, so it's highly rated! 

Dobby Pick-Magenta-Every Single Lie by Rachel Vincent-I gave Dobby 3 choices, and this is the book that he chose!

Colour-Orange-Magenta-Always Forever Maybe by Anica Mrose Rissi-This cover has shades of purple, so it has magenta, as far as I can tell.

Odd Chapters-Spring Green-The Fifth Season by N.K. Jemison-This book has 23 chapters, so it has an odd number of chapters!

PDF Book-Yellow-A California Christmas by Brenda Novak-I have this book as an e-ARC, and it downloaded as a PDF, so it works! 

Colour Totals:
Red: 0 
Orange: 1
Yellow: 1
Chartreuse: 3
Green: 0
Spring Green: 1
Cyan: 2
Azure: 1
Blue: 0
Violet: 1
Magneta: 2
Rose: 0 

Prompts for Next Week:
Even Chapters-Red
Multi-World Title-Orange
One Word Title-Yellow
A-Z Start Author-Chartreuse
Spine-Green
ARC-NetGalley-Spring Green
Goodreads Recommends-Cyan
Restart the Series-Azure
Continue the Series-Blue
Newly Published-Violet
Most Anticipated-Magenta
Representation-Rose

So those are some of the books I'm going to try to read this week. What about you guys? Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!