Monday, November 16, 2020

It's Monday! What Are You Reading #493, November 16th

It's Monday! What Are You Reading is a weekly meme hosted by Book Date where we share what we read this past week, what we hope to read this week...and anything in between! This is a great way to plan out your reading week and see what others are currently reading as well...you never know where that next "must read" book will come from!

What happened in the past week:

Weekly Memes:
It's Monday! What Are You Reading #492
Teaser Tuesday #500
WWW Wednesday #500
WOW #496
Will the Time Come #493
Third Sentence Thursday #483
Random Reads #469
First Lines Friday #496
Book Blogger Hop #162
The Reward Challenge Update #478
Wheel of TBR #25
How Well I Stuck to It #330
Wrote that Review Update #327

Week 46 Reviews:
Master of One

24 Hour Reading Challenge: 

Next to be Published November: 

Clear Your S**t Readathon: 

Taylor Swift Playlistathon:

Random:

OK, so I got 43 posts in 7 days, I had a pretty great week, I've almost cleared through the Dresden Files this week, and I can't wait to catch up with what's been published. What about you guys? Happy reading!

So this week I want to read Peace Talks, Battle Ground, and Christmas Eve.
HARRY DRESDEN IS BACK AND READY FOR ACTION, in the new entry in the #1 New York Times bestselling Dresden Files.

When the Supernatural nations of the world meet up to negotiate an end to ongoing hostilities, Harry Dresden, Chicago's only professional wizard, joins the White Council's security team to make sure the talks stay civil. But can he succeed, when dark political manipulations threaten the very existence of Chicago--and all he holds dear?
THINGS ARE ABOUT TO GET SERIOUS FOR HARRY DRESDEN, CHICAGO'S ONLY PROFESSIONAL WIZARD, in the next entry in the #1 New York Times bestselling Dresden Files.

Harry has faced terrible odds before. He has a long history of fighting enemies above his weight class. The Red Court of vampires. The fallen angels of the Order of the Blackened Denarius. The Outsiders.

But this time it's different. A being more powerful and dangerous on an order of magnitude beyond what the world has seen in a millennium is coming. And she's bringing an army. The Last Titan has declared war on the city of Chicago, and has come to subjugate humanity, obliterating any who stand in her way.

Harry's mission is simple but impossible: Save the city by killing a Titan. And the attempt will change Harry's life, Chicago, and the mortal world forever. 


Jim wrote a new short story, Christmas Eve, as a gift for his fans on December 24, 2018. It is posted to his website and Facebook page. The story is set after Peace Talks and depicts Harry's first Christmas Eve as a dad, as well as a few other familiar faces. As it was released before its predecessor, it does offer some hints as to the happenings of Peace Talks, but no major spoilers.

6 comments:

  1. Amazing as always, I’d love to catch up with the Dresden Files.

    Wishing you a great reading week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I've now caught up, and it was such a fantastic series, I can't wait for the next book! And thanks, I hope you have a great week, reading and otherwise, as well! Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

      Delete
  2. It sounds like you've had a very productive week! I've never heard of these books but it's definitely something I'll check out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just couldn't put down the Dresden Files. I've now caught up, it's such a great series! Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

      Delete
  3. I have the new Dresden books but haven't read them yet. I really bought them for my brother who also enjoys the series. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read on his site that Peace Talks and Battle Ground, are a duology in the series, which makes sense, to just read them back to back, the plots are pretty well merged, it's like reading 1 huge book! Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

      Delete

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!