Saturday, March 5, 2022

Week 9 Review: Stone Heart

From Goodreads:
In the city of Olympus, people only speak about Medusa in whispers. She's Athena's knife hand, the one sent when Athena wants someone to disappear. No one asks Medusa what she wants, but she owes Athena her life, and if staining her hands with blood is the only way to repay the debt, it's a small price to pay.

Until Athena sends her after Calypso, the mistress of the rich politician Odysseus. As far as Medusa can tell, Calypso hasn't done anything remotely worthy of a death sentence, and her conflicted feelings only get compounded when she finally sees the woman. Calypso is beautiful and cunning and she'll do anything to keep her life—including seducing her would-be assassin.

What starts as a ploy to escape quickly spirals into genuine interest. Medusa is hardly the cold killer that rumors suggest, and Calypso is far more complicated than her reputation as a ruthless gold-digger.

But it doesn't matter that they've finally found something special together. Athena will have her blood, and this time not even crossing the River Styx will save them…

My Review:
I'm so glad that we got this story! I'm not sure if we've met Calypso and Medusa before, but I really enjoyed their story! This is the first F/F in this world, I think. The one other F/F/ was also F/F/M, if I'm remembering correctly, so I'm glad that we got their story! 

I did have Calypso confused with Eurydice, which I don't know why, maybe because I had 
Eurydice mixed up with Callisto. So I was a bit confused, because Eurydice does have a family who would protect her, though Calypso does not. Things made much more sense once I cleared that nonsense from my brain. Though I do hope that Eurydice does get a story, she's been hurt by Odysseus, and deserves happiness!

It really sucks how horrible this world is to those that don't have power. That Odysseus just gave up the keys to the apartment so that whomever was sent to kill Calypso would have an easier time, instead of you know, breaking up with her, is just cruel! 

That they found safety in the lower city, meeting Hades before he was known to be around, was really great! I really hope that we do see these characters in the future, because I think this is the first time that we've met them. And I would really enjoy more time with them! 

This was a really great read, and I'm so excited for Wicked Beauty with Helen, Achilles, and 
Patroclus!

Author: Katee Robert
Series: Dark Olympus #0.5
Read: March 4th, 2022
Source: Free
Reason Why: Love her writing and this series, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2022 Book!  
Publisher: Trinkets and Tales LLC
Published: March 1st 2022
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!