Saturday, March 19, 2022

Week 11 Review: Working Stiff

Bryn Davis was killed on the job after discovering her bosses were selling a drug designed to resurrect the dead. Now, revived by that same drug, she becomes an undead soldier in a corporate war to take down the very pharmaceutical company responsible for her new condition...

My Review:
I had such a great time with this book! I love Rachel Caine's writing, and just like the Weather Wardens series, and the Outcast Season series, this book was pretty intense, and so easy to read! I loved getting to know Bryn, mostly after she's been killed! It was such a great read!

It really sucks to be her! She just got settled after being in the army, and her first day of the new job, where things were going OK-it goes sideways, because her new boss has an illegal side hustle. And she ends up getting killed. But hey, that side hustle was a drug that brings people back to a semblance of life, and it gets used on her!

It's a race against the clock, because she needs a new shot of the drug every single day to stay functioning. Since its an experimental, and highly secretive, drug, it's expensive, and the company doesn't want to keep Bryn, so she has to prove her usefulness. Really enjoyed how that played out though! 

I loved her interactions with Patrick, she really doesn't get along with him, but he isn't who she thought he was, and I enjoyed watching them get to know one another! And how things went from there, and I'm excited to see more of them in the future! 

This was such a great read, and I can't wait to see where the series goes from here! 

Author: Rachel Caine 
Series: Revivalist #1
Read: March 13th, 2022
Source: Ebook.bike 
Reason Why: Love her writing, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2022 Book!
Publisher: Roc
Published: July 27th 2011
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!