Sunday, March 20, 2022

Wheel of TBR #95, March 20th

I saw Codie's Book Corner doing the Wheel of TBR, and I thought that sounded like a great way to pick what to read from your TBR. So thanks to her! I'll only do 3 spins, because I'm doing this every week, and so it won't make up my total TBR of the week, but it'll be a start!

Rules:
1. For each week of the month, I'll do 3 spins each week to read each week though I do have the rest of the month to read them. Once a prompt is used, I'll randomly choose one from the list, keeping track of how often a colour comes up. If colour comes up 3 or more times in month, I'll do another spin once it comes up 3 times.
2. If I don't read a book that week or at least start it before the end of the month, then for my next week of spins, I have to add a punishment for each book unread. I'll roll for each unread book, and have to apply each and every punishment chosen to the week.
3. Each month I'll get a prompt from my Binge Read Wheel (either specifically picking the prompt, or spinning the wheel) and I have to read at least 9 books, though I can read more!

Of the books from the last week, I read The War of Two Queens by Jennifer L. Armentrout, The Bone Orchard by Sara A. Mueller, and I started The Murder of Mr. Wickham by Claudia Gray.

Binge Read Wheel:
For this month, the wheel picked the wheel picked Genre. The genre I'm going to be binging is fantasy, in all shapes and forms from pure fantasy to set in our world paranormal! And I read Beyond the End of the World by Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner, Shadow Fire by Christine Feehan, so I've read 9/9+.

Some options are A Chorus of Dragons by Jenn Lyons, Boss Witch by Ann Aguirre, Becoming Jinn series by Lori Goldstein, the Lords of the Underworld series by Gena Showalter, the Immortals After Dark series by Kresley Cole, the Southlands series by Rachel Hartman, the Iron Fey series by Julie Kagawa, Star Mother series by Charlie N. Holmberg, Sisters of Salem series by P.C. Cast and Kristin Cast. 

Prompts Used This Week:
DAC Book, Sophomore Book, Dobby Pick.

DAC Book-Rose-I Am Not a Serial Killer by Dan Wells-This is the first book of Dan Wells that got published, so that works! 

Sophomore Book-Orange-We Free the Stars by Hafsah Faizal-This is Hafsah Faizal's second book so that works! 

Dobby Pick-Green-Hunt the Stars by Jessie Mihalik-I gave Dobby 3 options, and this is the one that he chose!

Colour Totals:
Red: 0
Orange: 2
Yellow: 0
Chartreuse: 1
Green: 2
Spring Green: 0
Cyan: 0
Azure: 1
Blue: 0
Violet: 1
Magenta: 1
Rose: 1

Prompts for Next Week:
Short Book-Red
Reading Challenge Prompt-Orange
Month As Last Read-Yellow
Title-Chartreuse
End the Series-Green
For Fans Of-Spring Green
Booktuber Read-Cyan
Blind-Azure
Representation-Blue
Restart the Series-Violet
More Than 1000 Ratings-Magenta
2+ Authors-Rose

So those are some of the books I'm going to try to read this week. What about you guys? Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!