Saturday, August 26, 2023

Week 34 Review: The Brothers Hawthorne

From Goodreads:
Four brothers. Two missions. One explosive read. Jennifer Lynn Barnes returns to the world of her #1 bestselling Inheritance Games trilogy, and the stakes have never been higher.  
 
Grayson Hawthorne was raised as the heir apparent to his billionaire grandfather, taught from the cradle to put family first. Now the great Tobias Hawthorne is dead and his family disinherited, but some lessons linger. When Grayson's half-sisters find themselves in trouble, he swoops in to do what he does best: take care of the problem—efficiently, effectively, mercilessly. And without getting bogged down in emotional entanglements.
 
Jameson Hawthorne is a risk-taker, a sensation-seeker, a player of games. When his mysterious father appears and asks for a favor, Jameson can't resist the challenge. Now he must infiltrate London's most exclusive underground gambling club, which caters to the rich, the powerful, and the aristocratic, and win an impossible game of greatest stakes. Luckily, Jameson Hawthorne lives for impossible.
 
Drawn into twisted games on opposite sides of the globe, Grayson and Jameson—with the help of their brothers and the girl who inherited their grandfather's fortune—must dig deep to decide who they want to be and what each of them will sacrifice to win.

My Review:
Oh, I had such a fantastic time reading this book! I was lucky to get my copy early, like it arrived 2 weeks before it's to be published. I managed to hold off reading it right away, but I had to read it this week! And I'm so glad, because it was so freaking good!

When we got The Final Gambit, I thought that was the last that we were going to be seeing these characters, and I was sad, but it was the end of Avery's story. So it's fitting that in this book, it was narrated by Jameson and Grayson! I loved switching back and forth between their stories! 

Both stories were the guys dealing with the paternal sides of their families. Obviously there was what went down with Grayson's dad-but he left behind a family, left Grayson sisters, who have no idea what happened to him, and Grayson feels compelled  to take care of them. Loved the ups and down of his story-including that epilogue, which sounds like it could really be a driving force in book 5!

And then Jamison, well, we knew nothing about his paternal side, but as the book went on, and the adventure that he and Avery were on, that game was really intriguing to read! The things he learned-as well as the secret of what happened in Prague-oh, man, I'm so excited for more! 

This was an amazing read, and I can't wait for what comes next! 

Author: Jennifer Lynn Barnes 
Series: The Inheritance Games #4
Read: August 22nd, 2023
Source: Bought 
Reason Why: Love her writing and this series, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2023 Book and a WoW Book! 
Publisher: Little, Brown Books for Young Readers
Published: August 29th 2023
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!