Saturday, August 26, 2023

Week 34 Review: A Castle in the Air

From Goodreads:
Portia Hastings has spent her life rescuing her younger sister from one scrape or another. Now, she has to step through time to do it, following Miranda from the nineteenth century to the eighteenth. Almost immediately, Portia is beset by highwaymen, which might be the most exciting thing to happen to her in a long time, even if she'd never admit it. When one of the highwaymen is injured, Portia makes the inexcusable mistake of helping him—she is trained as a doctor after all. Her travel companions abandon her, and she's left at the mercy of a highwayman who demands she continue tending to his compatriot's wounds. 

Portia soon finds herself at a crumbling castle inhabited by the destitute Earl of Ravensford. Benedict Sterling is in desperate need of money, and his solution is a ball, where a wealthy bride will win the title of countess, even if it does come with one thunderously ill-tempered earl. Portia agrees to a scheme to help Benedict look like a slightly more appealing bridegroom, while she continues to search for Miranda. Then there's the small matter of the castle, complete with a ghost intent on driving her out. But once Portia sets her mind on something, she's not going anywhere.

My Review:
Oh, I loved reading this book! I just love this series so much, and this was the last of the Hasting sisters to get a story, and I loved hers! Her and Benedict together was so much fun to read, their banter was hilarious, and I just loved their romance!

This book's main plot ties in with the previous novella, of the ghost of a highwayman who wanted his family taken care of, and the clock. Now that the duo is late from the mission, Portia takes it upon herself to go after her sister and beau. And subsequently gets pulled into another highwayman's adventure! 

What I'm having trouble with, is what part was my favourite? Like I wrote, the banter was top notch. I also loved the banter between her and his brother, Jude. There's the way the Sight manifests itself for Portia. There's how they have the problem of his lack of money when he has all these people to take care of, and how they deal with it. It was all so good! 

I don't know what the future might hold for this series. The majority of these books have now been the Hasting sisters, but unless they have another adventure, they've all had their stories. Maybe Scarlet Jack could have one? If this is the last full length book in this series, I'd be sad, but it happens. If there's more, I would absolutely pick it up. I just don't know. 

This was a fantastic read, and if there's more in this series, then I'd definitely read it! 

Author: Kelley Armstrong 
Series: A Stitch in Time #4
Read: August 25th, 2023
Source: NetGalley 
Reason Why: Love her writing and this series, and it's a Historical Fiction 2023 Book, Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2023 Book and a WoW Book! 
Publisher: K.L.A. Fricke Inc
Expected Publication: October 31st 2023
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!