Monday, August 21, 2023

It's Monday! What Are You Reading #637, August 21st

It's Monday! What Are You Reading is a weekly meme hosted by Book Date where we share what we read this past week, what we hope to read this week...and anything in between! This is a great way to plan out your reading week and see what others are currently reading as well...you never know where that next "must read" book will come from!
What happened in the past week:

Weekly Memes:
It's Monday! What Are You Reading #636
Teaser Tuesday #644
WWW Wednesday #644
WOW #640
Will the Time Come #637
Third Sentence Thursday #627
Random Reads #613
First Lines Friday #640
Book Blogger Hop #306
23 Books to Read in 2023 Update 7
Monthly ARC's Update 46
The Reward Challenge Update #622
Wheel of TBR #169
How Well I Stuck to It #474
Wrote that Review Update #471

Week 33 Reviews:
ASAP

ARC August: 
Update 25

Magical Readathon: Orilium: 

Random:

OK, so I got 53 posts in 7 days, it was a decent week, I read books that I was really excited for, and I can't wait for next week! What about you guys? Happy reading!

So this week I want to read The Brothers Hawthorne and Tie Me Knot.

Four brothers. Two missions. One explosive read. Jennifer Lynn Barnes returns to the world of her #1 bestselling Inheritance Games trilogy, and the stakes have never been higher.  
 
Grayson Hawthorne was raised as the heir apparent to his billionaire grandfather, taught from the cradle to put family first. Now the great Tobias Hawthorne is dead and his family disinherited, but some lessons linger. When Grayson’s half-sisters find themselves in trouble, he swoops in to do what he does best: take care of the problem—efficiently, effectively, mercilessly. And without getting bogged down in emotional entanglements.
 
Jameson Hawthorne is a risk-taker, a sensation-seeker, a player of games. When his mysterious father appears and asks for a favor, Jameson can’t resist the challenge. Now he must infiltrate London’s most exclusive underground gambling club, which caters to the rich, the powerful, and the aristocratic, and win an impossible game of greatest stakes. Luckily, Jameson Hawthorne lives for impossible.
 
Drawn into twisted games on opposite sides of the globe, Grayson and Jameson—with the help of their brothers and the girl who inherited their grandfather’s fortune—must dig deep to decide who they want to be and what each of them will sacrifice to win.
So far, while working at a ghost matchmaking agency, the past week has gone 1) a murdered ghost bride who is very very pissed off (don’t blame her, I’d be pissed off too) 2) adopted by chinese hellhounds (I THOUGHT THEY WERE DOGS, OKAY) 3) wake up magically soul-bonded to the sexy demon slayer Zhen (While I agree he’s -expansive hand waving- HOW DID THIS HAPPEN?!) I do not need a fourth incident to make my life more interesting, please and thank you. Spoiler I get one anyway.

Magically bonded, insta husband just add ghost, speed marriage?, ghost matchmaking, ghosts deserve love too, Kris might have accidentally been feeding Chinese hellhounds, oops?, chosen family, Kris and Zhen actually communicate, buying hardcovers is a marriage proposal, just ask Kris, demon slayer on crutches can still fight, as the bad guys find out, whole 

4 comments:

  1. Have a beautiful day, Louisa ☕🌞📚💛

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I hope you do, as well! Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

      Delete
  2. Great week as usual! I have put The Brothers Hawthorne on my wishlist. I liked The Inheritance Games. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a great week. And I can't wait, I was lucky my preorder of the Indigo special edition came in almost 2 weeks early, so of course I'm going to read it soon! Planning on tomorrow, I can't wait! Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

      Delete

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!