Saturday, August 26, 2023

Week 34 Review: Tie Me Knot

From Goodreads:
So far, while working at a ghost matchmaking agency, the past week has gone thusly:

1) a murdered ghost bride who is very very pissed off (don't blame her, I'd be pissed off too)

2) adopted by Chinese hellhounds (I THOUGHT THEY WERE DOGS, OKAY)

3) wake up magically soul-bonded to the sexy demon slayer Zhen (While I agree he's -expansive hand waving- HOW DID THIS HAPPEN?!)

I do not need a fourth incident to make my life more interesting, please and thank you.

Spoiler alert: I get one anyway.

My Review:
This was such a fantastic read! I loved this world with demon hunters and mediums and while I'm sure there are agencies that arrange marriages for the dead, I doubt that they're able to talk to the deceased clients like they do in this book. I loved reading it, and I'm so excited that this is the start of a series! 

Zhen was just the best! Demon hunter, good looking, sense of humour, and a close knit family. Oh, and he enables the book purchasing! 10 out of 10, that's basically a book lover's dream! That they have shared interests in K-Dramas, was really great! 

Kris has a lot going on in her life, between all the things mentioned in the synopsis, plus a family that's she's gone no-contact with before, contesting a will that left money to her. I really wanted to know why, and oh, when we found out, that was so aggravating, because people really shouldn't be like that! Plus the mystery of the murdered bride, and their magical soul bond, yeah, Kris has a lot on her plate! 

I'm pretty sure that their marriage was a gift after her attack from one of the supernaturals that she befriended. What better method of protection then to bond the life of the one you wanted protected to a demon hunter? Because they woke up with the bond the day after the attack, and she received those presents then...

Loved reading this book, and I can't wait for more! It was so enjoyable to read! 

Author: Allie Brahms 
Series: Ghost Cupid #1
Read: August 23rd, 2023
Source: Bought
Reason Why: Love her writing under the Honor Raconteur name, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2023 Book! 
Publisher: Raconteur House LLC
Published: August 25th 2023
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!